• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Stoke

Dempsey over Sigurdsson. WHY?! ](*,)

Probably because at the moment, Siggy seems to run out of steam after about 70 minutes if he starts and we need some sloggers in the team to counter Stoke.

He'll probably come on at 60-70 minutes fresh to run at the Stoke defence.

Dempsey preferred as he's more of a fighter and stronger in the air?

Ekotto dropped because Naughton is capable of covering both full backs, allowing us another attacking option on the bench?

Dempsey preferred as he's more of a fighter and stronger in the air?

Ekotto dropped because Naughton is capable of covering both full backs, allowing us another attacking option on the bench?

Sounds about right to me.

Now go watch Depmsey or Caulker lose a man for a corner! :lol:

Is there heck. A couple of tap ins and lucky deflections aside he offers fudge all, Sigurdsson's scored roughly the same and his all round game is miles better.

Dempsey 11, 6 in the Premiership
Sig 7, 3 in the Premiership

Roughly the same?......

Caulker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Dempsey, Huddlestone, Bale and Adebayor.........if we somehow still can't defend set pieces then there's no hope.

Greg Stobart @gstobart

Dembele far from 100% today but #THFC will miss him again. BAE injured, not dropped, but a big back 4 not a bad thing against Stoke

"@gstobart: Dembele far from 100% today but #THFC will miss him again. BAE injured, not dropped, but a big back 4 not a bad thing against Stoke"

COYS!! Looking forward to an extremely frustrating match, lets hope the ref is up for enforcing the rules and that we play well enough to win. Team doesn't look too bad - now lets keep those Stoke dead balls to a minimum!

There's been an accident on the way to Stoke. Someone has jumped in front of a train. Spurs fans are being diverted to Birmingham, then onto Stoke.

I wouldnt have selected Lennon today.
There's no point in playing wingers against Stoke. Its why we've always struggled against them.
Shawcross and Huth just head everything we cross into the box its completely pointless.

If its bale on the left, lennon on the right we're screwed until we eventually change things up.

When did this happen? Might there be a delayed kickoff again like against Soton?

Its live on Sky unlike the Southampton game so no chance.
They've not gonna inconvenience Sky Sports customers just because paying fans can't make it to the ground. They know their priorities.

There's been an accident on the way to Stoke. Someone has jumped in front of a train. Spurs fans are being diverted to Birmingham, then onto Stoke.

With the initial train delay and then the diversion they are recommending, half hour won't help that much.

On Sky....so doubt they'll change and a half empty:( away end for us

There's no point in playing wingers against Stoke. Its why we've always struggled against them.
Shawcross and Huth just head everything we cross into the box its completely pointless.

If its bale on the left, lennon on the right we're screwed until we eventually change things up.

We play narrow against the likes of Stoke they would kill us. We aren't a good narrow team in my view. Lennons defensive work I imagine is a good reason why he's starting and the fact that he CAN cause problems when he wants to.

You can cross low or get to the by-line and cut it back!

Personally I don't believe in changing your team too much in order to stifle a weaker side. Vert at LB I can accept but I hope that Thudd is playing because AVB wants him there for what he can do to Stoke and not just because he's big. Similarly, there's no way I would have left Lennon out today - we need to win and impose ourselves on them

Back