• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Is it really that bad?

Taken 1 was brilliant. Oh well...

Dont get me wrong, its not abysmal. I've said it to a few people, but basically if you have seen the first one, you've seen the second.
Thought it got a little too far-fetched.

I assume if they make a third one, they will take his cat (*spoiler alert not required*)

I saw an ad for Oblivion, new Tom Cruise flick. Ok - when did Tom become an action star? It seems like every movie he's in is an action film, and he sucks at them. I'll give you Top Gun and maybe the Mission Impossibles but when I think good Tom Cruise flicks, I think Born on the 4th of July, Rain Man, Minority Report, Jerry Maguire, A Few Good Men. None of them pure action movies like the brick he's been doing recently like War of the Worlds, Reacher, knight & day.

Someone have a word.

Add collateral to the list.

I watched Flight - its enjoyable but my word Denzel drinks like a fudgein fish haha... the opening scene bum is just SO fudgeIN HOT.

I will watch Drive tomorrow and Billy - I wont be surprised if I dont enjoy it. Hvae had it downloaded for a year now and couldnt muster watching it. I will though.

Watched The Raid tonight. Damn, that was awesome. One of my favourite films now.

Some quality fight sequences hey!?

I'm sure about 300 pages back someone mentioned the director has a bigger budget now to make a prequel (with the original story he wanted to make but didn't have enough money)

It was, wasn't it

Certainly how i took the book - violent fantasies to escape the mundane souless life of an 80s Yuppie.

It's supposed to be read like that. In a later, pretend autobiographical, book Lunar Park (brilliant) he explicitly states that they're fantasies in AP. I don't know if he did it to take the edge of all that violence but I find it a bit disappointing that it's all fantasy. You have no idea where the line between fantasy and fiction end in the book then. Seems like a cop out.

fudge sakes - talk about putting a spanner in the works... Who the fudge do I believe... I really do not want to waste two hours of my damn life.

I think something with the level of critical acclaim like Drive will mean even if you don't like it per-say, it'll still have been worth the worth because it'll have made you think a bit. Everyone's always telling me to watch it, need to get round to it.

The general feeling towards Drive was very positive, watch it.

I think I will watch it as I'm very curious... Although I think this is an opportune time to ask spurspinter round mine to watch it ;) and if the movie is boring... Well... I'm sure there are other things to do...

Back