• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Its sad really, we are facing a situation that i have never seen in my life time and it seems some are more interested in making opinions on what as you says points towards agendas.

This has took every country by surprise and the results are awful but some seem to want to blame the people who are in power. Political bias should not be important at this time with all the deaths we are facing and it really is shocking that some may be using it that way.

I agree...to a point. Not every country was taken by surprise to the extent that we were. South Korea reacted quickly and efficiently, for example.

I agree that now is not the time to be asking questions; but there will be a lot of them to answer when the dust finally settles on all of this.

Reactions: DTA
I have no issues with the highers and haves getting a test, Better Boris has it than my postman

Yeah but it doesn't end there does it, it will extend to their kids, their extended family, their mates.... meanwhile you are sitting around waiting for a fortnight if you are lucky.

Anyone would think that Scara was the only one who pays taxes. And I'll bet he pays less than most on here. It's not just your money mate, It's 'our' money.
Nope, my money's my money. People would do well to remember that when Thu encourage greater spending as if there's no down side to doing so.

I agree...to a point. Not every country was taken by surprise to the extent that we were. South Korea reacted quickly and efficiently, for example.

I agree that now is not the time to be asking questions; but there will be a lot of them to answer when the dust finally settles on all of this.

I made a similar point yesterday. However, the first few questions on my list would be aimed firmly in China's direction.

I made a similar point yesterday. However, the first few questions on my list would be aimed firmly in China's direction.

Yeah, I agree. But this government will also have a lot to explain.

Andrew Marr just quietly ripped Michael Gove apart on BBC and completely exposed the slow, reactive and - at times - incompetent way we as a country have responded at government level.

Yeah, I agree. But this government will also have a lot to explain.

Andrew Marr just quietly ripped Michael Gove apart on BBC and completely exposed the slow, reactive and - at times - incompetent way we as a country have responded at government level.
Incompetent or (rightfully) hesitant to tell independent people what they must do?

Nobody has any experience of facing a problem of this scale and unfortunately bureaucracy works slowly, mistakes will be made, but I feel everyone will do what they do for the right reasons. In the free thinking world we have been encouraged to think and act for ourselves and it's difficult to get people to follow instructions when they think it's not in their interest, some will have to be forced to follow certain policies for the good of all. The real test will come if supplies run low and people get stir crazy by isolation.

Nobody has any experience of facing a problem of this scale and unfortunately bureaucracy works slowly, mistakes will be made, but I feel everyone will do what they do for the right reasons. In the free thinking world we have been encouraged to think and act for ourselves and it's difficult to get people to follow instructions when they think it's not in their interest, some will have to be forced to follow certain policies for the good of all. The real test will come if supplies run low and people get stir crazy by isolation.
I've been at work all week fortunately and yesterday was my first day at home.

I was stir crazy by midday when I couldn't just go out and get all the stuff I needed.

Incompetent or (rightfully) hesitant to tell independent people what they must do?

There seems little excuse for ignoring/“missing” emails which would have allowed the country to purchase thousands of ventilators two or three weeks ago. “I don’t know the detail on that” doesn’t really wash as an answer, given the circumstances.

Reactions: DTA
There seems little excuse for ignoring/“missing” emails which would have allowed the country to purchase thousands of ventilators two or three weeks ago. “I don’t know the detail on that” doesn’t really wash as an answer, given the circumstances.
That depends on the caveats attached to the offer doesn't it?

Back