• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

All recycling centres in Essex shut from tonight. How long until the rubbish collections stop? Anyone remember the strikes in the 70s ?

He isn’t old and we’ve been so careful the past 2-3 weeks and none of us have had even so much as a cold

I’d imagine people will be told not to travel to the country. As well as spreading the virus it will overwhelm the NHS in rural areas.

There were reports of Parisians who headed to rural France getting a very hard time in the French countryside (village shops refusing to serve them etc).

I spent a lot of time consulting both in finance and not. I know how UK SMEs are leveraged and financed.

Any enforced shutdown of businesses will be economic suicide and cowardice of the highest order.

OK maybe not!
You may need to practice the mother-in-law material to get the timing correct!
Stay safe!

I didn’t see it, but I heard it, some fudger was driving an ice cream van around earlier, what a monumentally stupid act.

Looks like they've got it right again - trodden the narrow line perfectly.

Stay at home but businesses stay open (those that aren't customer facing).

I didn’t see it, but I heard it, some fudger was driving an ice cream van around earlier, what a monumentally stupid act.
I've heard one around my way a few times. It is an odd and slightly disturbing sound in the context of what we are going through. Almost like a test of the kids' resolve.

Looks like they've got it right again - trodden the narrow line perfectly.

Stay at home but businesses stay open (those that aren't customer facing).
Will supply chains keep rolling? So much work relies on that. Construction etc but is that essential?

We could also all get on with things within our home if deliveries to doorstep are still allowed. But again is that essential?

Surely many people are now going to be looking for guidance from there workplace as to whether work is a goer or not.

It almost needs a definitive list.

Last edited:
Will supply chains keep rolling? So much work relies on that. Construction etc but is that essential?

We could also all get on with things within our home if deliveries to doorstep are still allowed. But again is that essential?
He didn't say to close down all but essential industry, only that one should only travel to work when "absolutely necessary". So work from home but if you can't, go to work - the only sensible solution.

Back