• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I won't touch the Jan or Eriksen points, I think they are a lot more complicated.

I agree with you on rose, but what I will also say is that I never bought into him being as good as he was made out to be.
Good yes, great, not so sure.
Now he isn’t toeing the party line and there's been a small drop in form (imv not all his fault) and he is being measured against something he never was, making his form look worse than it is.
It's really sad to see a team that we all loved and almost revered now be written off as duds, has beens and shirkers.
Jan, Hugo and Rose have been here through Harry, AVB, Tim, poch and now Jose, it shouldn't be ending like this.

I had to say it. But some are starting to sound like Self Entitled fans like just up the road from us or in Manchester. With the money the premier league has now even the bad teams have good players. Maybe the younger fans have only seen us being around 5th and upwards. But I can easily think back to season we were near relegation.

Whilst I am dissapointed with how it is going at the moment I dont feel the need to vent or pick on certain players. I just want to see some progression in our play. Even if we spend spend spend its not a thing that can guarantee any success. Look at united.

We just finished our stadium and also we bought some pretty expensive players in the summer. But also people are on Levy.

I hope danny is in the team tomorrow. We need a left sided player who is not as slow as Jan out there. Its a weak spot.

He has never been 'stealing a living'. His quality has reduced over the past two or three years but I've not ever had an issue with his commitment.

When a club has a chairman telling a player directly that he's not getting a new contract but then also wanting an unrealistically high fee for that same player this is the type of situation that you end up with.

Pretty much agree with this. Despite people wanting every employee of THFC to slavishly agree with everything the club delivers in terms of club comms and and everything else it produces and toe the line, players don’t all think like that. His actual commitment on the pitch has should not be questioned as he always gives everything. Ultimately his performance against Liverpool showed that he isn’t good enough for us anymore but he’s always been an easy target because of his comments in the transfer window a few years ago and subsequent comments since. I won’t disagree by putting himself out there he has made himself open to criticism and scrutiny. Me personally, I don’t have a problem with him speaking his mind. Just because most of the people on here worship Levy I don’t understand why they expect everyone to have the same uniform view of them.

Pretty much agree with this. Despite people wanting every employee of THFC to slavishly agree with everything the club delivers in terms of club comms and and everything else it produces and toe the line, players don’t all think like that. His actual commitment on the pitch has should not be questioned as he always gives everything. Ultimately his performance against Liverpool showed that he isn’t good enough for us anymore but he’s always been an easy target because of his comments in the transfer window a few years ago and subsequent comments since. I won’t disagree by putting himself out there he has made himself open to criticism and scrutiny. Me personally, I don’t have a problem with him speaking his mind. Just because most of the people on here worship Levy I don’t understand why they expect everyone to have the same uniform view of them.
Why does that have to be a product of worshipping Levy? Can't I just think Rose is a clam because he's acted like a clam?

Why does that have to be a product of worshipping Levy? Can't I just think Rose is a clam because he's acted like a clam?

Of course you can but I don’t believe that’s why most fans who don’t like him choose to do so. Football fans in general will side with management over the players and want players to toe the line and present a united front which I do not entirely disagree with but when they have such short careers I don’t expect them to lie or give a PC answer when they are asked honest questions. It’s millionaires vs billionaires, in general fans will side with owners over “money grabbing players”. Quite ironic really, you don’t become a successful businessman without looking after yourself and being ruthless.

I know he is a difficult one. Its not unusual that long serving players play less but still held in high esteem by player and club. Look at sigurdsson - he knows his place and gets the right level of respect from everyone.

We just need to move on to a new era. Shipping out Rose and Eriksen this month will help that, as will Lo Celso's performances, hopefully signing a new CF and bringing in players like Tanganga.

Then we need more similar changes in the summer - JV leaves, Wanyama sold (if not this month), couple signings, Clarke arrives, proper pre-season for Mourinho etc

We have Davies if Rose leaves.
Verts is to slow now.
Tanganga and Sessegnon are not left-backs.
I think Sessegnon is (and if not already, he certainly will be). Has a bit of work to do on his decision making but he has the physical attributes, is definitely good enough on the ball and seems to already be switched on in terms of his positioning. I think he has what it takes to become a very, very good attacking left back. Tananga I think is cover for centre half/right back.

Sessegnon is potential. But sadly we once again show how our transfer policy looks muddled.
We don't buy logically and still act like lightweights. We buy players that are nowhere near ready for the Premier League and throw them in due to injuries and all in the hunt for bargains. This is fine but we cannot do this so often. Sessegnon is a great lad with bags of potential. We sold KWP rightly but he was no worse than Ryan at left-back.

Last edited:
Sessegnon is potential. But sadly we once again show how our transfer policy looks muddled.
We don't buy logically and still act like lightweights. We buy players that are nowhere near ready for the Premier League and throw them in due to injuries and all in the hunt for bargains. This is fine but we cannot do this so often. Sessegnon is a great lad with bags of potential. We sold KWP rightly but he was no worse than Ryan at left-back.

KWP is not in Sessegnon's league. Sess is having a rough time now, seems to be confidence related, but he's a much better player than KWP.

We bought okay in the summer. Ndombele has bags of talent and addressed our biggest problem area. Unfortunately, he hasn't settled in yet. GLC is also a very good player.

We should have gotten a right back in the summer and perhaps a proper CF or CB cover over previous windows.

So I think there is logic in what we do and we splashed a fair bit of cash in the summer. For me, we just left ourselves too much to do to fix in one window when we neglected the recruitment side of things for 18 months.

KWP is not in Sessegnon's league. Sess is having a rough time now, seems to be confidence related, but he's a much better player than KWP.

We bought okay in the summer. Ndombele has bags of talent and addressed our biggest problem area. Unfortunately, he hasn't settled in yet. GLC is also a very good player.

We should have gotten a right back in the summer and perhaps a proper CF or CB cover over previous windows.

So I think there is logic in what we do and we splashed a fair bit of cash in the summer. For me, we just left ourselves too much to do to fix in one window when we neglected the recruitment side of things for 18 months.
I think Aurier is now showing that a new right back isn't even a huge priority. I think of all our players he has responded best to Mourinho coming in.

So I think there is a logic in what we do and we splashed a fair bit of cash in the summer. For me, we just left ourselves too much to do to fix in one window when we neglected the recruitment side of things for 18 months.

No KWP is not. But Ryan is not being allowed to play in his best position because we have Son, Lamela, Maura all playing attacking roles.
We don't need Sess ATM is the bottom line. We are accommodating him maybe because we "we splashed a fair bit of cash"?

I think Levy spread himself too thin in the later stages of the stadium project. Had we had a director of football in place 2/3 seasons ago I think / hope things would have been different with player recruitment. I don’t think we’d have gone away from our zero net spend model in that time (a sensible model until the project was complete) but we may have been able to rotate the squad a bit better.

Back