• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Obscure players and memories

Daisuk

Les Medley
I was trying to sleep last night, but was thinking about our current situation, new manager, how is it all going to go etc - and came to think of Santini, that weird little guy we had hired for a few months, and thought to myself "what do I remember from that period?", and suddenly this guy popped into my head:

17226-zoom.jpg

Noe Pamarot! Hah, I had completely forgotten about him. He had massive thighs, and he scored a header in a dire dire game away to Everton to secure us 3 points. That was under Santini.

So, you know - post some old players and something you remember them by. The weirder, the better!

Stephane Dalmat "waking up" in the middle of a match, scoring a brace and looking unplayable and me thinking we had found the next best thing.

Guy was a poster child for talent alone gets you no where, 10+ season as a pro, 10+ clubs, crazily ended his entire career with only 24 goals.

I was trying to sleep last night, but was thinking about our current situation, new manager, how is it all going to go etc - and came to think of Santini, that weird little guy we had hired for a few months, and thought to myself "what do I remember from that period?", and suddenly this guy popped into my head:

17226-zoom.jpg

Noe Pamarot! Hah, I had completely forgotten about him. He had massive thighs, and he scored a header in a dire dire game away to Everton to secure us 3 points. That was under Santini.

So, you know - post some old players and something you remember them by. The weirder, the better!
I remember something about him asking the kit man to make the thumb holes in his undershirt, something I think is standard for some tops now!

Great thread.

I remember having high hopes for David Leworthy when I was a kid, he was consigned to the ‘great for the reserves and had a successful career in the lower league pool’, like quite a few of our youth strikers too!

when I googled for a pic if forgotten it was once called the Canon league division one too!
5DF42211-1357-47E7-9F78-8A4F9A8F26B1.jpeg

Last edited:
ukq3euqr7y6tvntuj7xx.jpg

Fellas,no one - *no one* - beats the legendary Qu Bo, whom we were willing to pay a staggering 2m quid for back in 2002/2003 because, and I quote, he could 'run 100 metres in 11 seconds'. (At least, that's what I remember being cited at the time - I was a kid then)

Sadly the Home Office denied him a visa and thus curtailed our attempt to dominate the Chinese football market by signing a rando who wanted to be called Kevin. :D

Stephane Dalmat "waking up" in the middle of a match, scoring a brace and looking unplayable and me thinking we had found the next best thing.

Guy was a poster child for talent alone gets you no where, 10+ season as a pro, 10+ clubs, crazily ended his entire career with only 24 goals.

Jesus that's a blast from the past. I remember everyone in school (Year 11) banging on about him after that.

Talk about Fell. Off. A. Cliff.

Anyway, here's his goal against Wolves.

Back