• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Living in Manchester

I can’t imagine anyone finding a better outcome by working face to face with you. Unless they land a head butt of course.

Manchester is a step in the right direction though. Scotland even better. Or the Hebrides. How about getting in the North Sea itself. Just be sure it’s nowhere with internet connectivity basically.

Yep, web development would be a cinch without the internet... You fudging troglodyte.

Ah ok, I don't know enough about the region itself in terms of living but if you haven't already I'd suggest checking out BBC Manchester's Digital department, they were hiring loads in London and a fair bit has moved up there!

Some agencies include CSI Media, Forever Digital and Dept. I don't know anything first-hand about these agencies but they seemed to be names that came up when I've worked on the adland side of things.

Thanks mate, really appreciate it.

Ah ok, I don't know enough about the region itself in terms of living but if you haven't already I'd suggest checking out BBC Manchester's Digital department, they were hiring loads in London and a fair bit has moved up there!

Some agencies include CSI Media, Forever Digital and Dept. I don't know anything first-hand about these agencies but they seemed to be names that came up when I've worked on the adland side of things.
Canal Street is a hot bed for the sort of activity he’s after.

Yep, web development would be a cinch without the internet... You fudging troglodyte.
If getting in the sea stops your brick content ending up on GG, then I’m pretty sure the world can live without another ‘ten a penny’ unwashed crusty web designer. :D

(Especially if your alleged web development is as tinkle poor as your stream of complete drivel on here)

Or you could just try to grow up and get a proper job in London, you lazy work shy arse bandit.

I’m genuinely confused as to whether you guys have actual disdain for each other or really good friends in real life [emoji23]

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

WHAT IS GOING ON??!
By this time of the evening, I think you know.

1*wnWC1mz2NXc-Dx2b3Yb0gw.gif

The silver lining of living in Birmingham (and there aren't many to speak of) is that smug feeling of knowing I don't live in Manchester.
Whilst I'm no fan of Birmingham, what they've done to gentrify the city centre over the last 15-20 years is incredible.

Whilst I'm no fan of Birmingham, what they've done to gentrify the city centre over the last 15-20 years is incredible.

Not sure if you're joking. Colmore row & Brindley place are the nice-ish places in a yuppie central 7/8 quid a pint probably think Jeremy Clarkson / Piers Morgan are really funny and have a point tossathon post work and the rest is a building site where each week or so the scaffolding gets moved so you're funneled between a different cranes for a change.

Now they're doing the tramlines it's committed the city to being a joke for probably another 10 years whilst a massive strip of perfectly functioning buildings have been torn down for HS2 which will probably never happen. Not like there's a massive homeless problem in the city or anything...(for clarity, there is.)

The council are obsessed with big weird shiny metallic designs for buildings that no other city wants to take on which leads me to think that the council has been taken over by magpies and are running the show from the trees and New Street station is the perfect microcosm for the an example, they pumped a huge amount of money in to the station so there's a brick load more poncy shops (as if the bull ring wasn't big enough anyway) yet no improvement to the actual service provided. I literally haven't got on a train that's been on time in 11 days and I'm on them twice a day going through that brick show.

Don't get me wrong, it'll be alright once trams are sorted and should connect south Brum a little better where there are things going on but it's a real slow process and it's the marketing execs and consultants that must be raking it in because every fancy building / venue / shopping center is renamed or refurbished every couple of years so keeping track of what is called what nowadays is hard enough.

And yes, you may have touched a nerve here ;) It's good to vent sometimes even if it doesn't solve anything I guess!

Edit - And just to keep this thread vaguely on topic, Manchester can go fudge itself.

Not sure if you're joking. Colmore row & Brindley place are the nice-ish places in a yuppie central 7/8 quid a pint probably think Jeremy Clarkson / Piers Morgan are really funny and have a point tossathon post work and the rest is a building site where each week or so the scaffolding gets moved so you're funneled between a different cranes for a change.

Now they're doing the tramlines it's committed the city to being a joke for probably another 10 years whilst a massive strip of perfectly functioning buildings have been torn down for HS2 which will probably never happen. Not like there's a massive homeless problem in the city or anything...(for clarity, there is.)

The council are obsessed with big weird shiny metallic designs for buildings that no other city wants to take on which leads me to think that the council has been taken over by magpies and are running the show from the trees and New Street station is the perfect microcosm for the an example, they pumped a huge amount of money in to the station so there's a brick load more poncy shops (as if the bull ring wasn't big enough anyway) yet no improvement to the actual service provided. I literally haven't got on a train that's been on time in 11 days and I'm on them twice a day going through that brick show.

Don't get me wrong, it'll be alright once trams are sorted and should connect south Brum a little better where there are things going on but it's a real slow process and it's the marketing execs and consultants that must be raking it in because every fancy building / venue / shopping center is renamed or refurbished every couple of years so keeping track of what is called what nowadays is hard enough.

And yes, you may have touched a nerve here ;) It's good to vent sometimes even if it doesn't solve anything I guess!

Edit - And just to keep this thread vaguely on topic, Manchester can go fudge itself.
The Bullring, the Mailbox, the new Grand Central and Brindley Place are all excellent.

Avoid the rest like the fudging plague

Back