• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Some european team ***

Olympiakos lost. Tiebreaker is on head to head not goal difference.
We should still get through comfortably by getting 9 points.

It's currently

Bayern 6
Red Star 3
Olympiakos 1
Tottenham 1

The most Red Star could get is another win against Olympiakos and a draw at home against us. 7 points
The most Olympiakos is a draw against us and a win against Red Star. 5 points
Two home wins will get us through the group with 7 points.

The group stages are a fudging joke.

Their finishing is fudging clinical. 2-4 or 2-7 it doesn't really matter. We were not going to play to keep it at 2-4. Of course we were going to open up and attack the game, which is a risk always.

In any case, I actually think we played well. They finished their chances and we didn't finish ours in the first half.
We played well first 30, faded 31-45 and were totally outplayed last 45. They were clinical, 7 goals out of 10 on target.

How does a panic selection of a random caretaker manager - when we have no-one in the coaching team who hasn’t sworn eternal loyalty to Poch - get us CL next season?

It’s not guaranteed - but Levy may feel it’s less of a gamble than sticking with a manager who appears to have lost the plot...and possibly the dressing room.

Defo don't sack Poch. We need to regroup. Go back to having a solid foundation with Dier screening. Apart from no protection of our back 4, we weren't compact enough. The biggest difference between the teams was their passing. Just another level to us sadly.

The scoreline was worse than the performance though.

The need to shore up defensively has been there for a long time. It's only getting worse.

I wish I lumped on that 11/10 when I saw the team, it was free money I just couldn’t bring myself to bet against us.

We conceded 7 goals. 7. At home.

We were set up ridiculously. We, as fans, can see it. We saw it weeks ago. And this manager persists with a formation and system that leaves us ridiculously exposed. Tonight was utterly shameful. One of the lowest points of the last 20 years.

It's on the manager. He's lost the plot and he should lose his job.

You mean a year ago right? Not weeks ago.

Last edited:
If there is any silver lining here. I hope it’s the very public kick up the arse they all need.

We had three midfielders stretched across the width of the pitch 20 yards apart from each other. How is that not a formation issue?

Plenty of teams play variants of 4-3-3/4-4-2 without those issues and we played well in the first half, although left ourselves open a little too often.

Why is Poch so obsessed with:

1) The diamond that has never ever worked

2) Appearing to build the team around Winks (I love him, but he’s not Roy Keane in his prime). Often with him being completely isolated in CM while brick houses NDombele and Sissoko are further forward.

3) Constantly playing Sissoko where he needs to be creative

None of these things will suddenly start working...not now, not in 100 games time.

We had Sissoko wide left and Son wide right in a 442 for the first 15 mins of the 2nd half.

How u land on this situation with Moura, Eriksen and Lamela on the bench is beyond me.

I know Kane got credit for Saturday but he looked incapable of a press in the 2nd half. Then when he did press it was only half and then they just come waltzing through.

If Poch doesn’t nail a system soon and stick to it then he’s gonna be chasing his tail all season.

Plenty of teams play variants of 4-3-3/4-4-2 without those issues and we played well in the first half, although left ourselves open a little too often.

Yes, but they play with 3 wide men who can help stop the full backs coming forward.

something even more worrying than Poch's position is the fact that there's a bunch of players at the club who just dont want to be there anymore.

We conceded 7 goals. 7. At home.

We were set up ridiculously. We, as fans, can see it. We saw it weeks ago. And this manager persists with a formation and system that leaves us ridiculously exposed. Tonight was utterly shameful. One of the lowest points of the last 20 years.

It's on the manager. He's lost the plot and he should lose his job.

Playing in the CL group stages - where we should still qualify - is one of our lowest points.

Yes we lack a proper midfield at the moment. We are too open. The manager needs to address it. I'm not sure how we should line up. Both Winks and Sissoko are good, but not elite CL quality. Maybe Sissoko/Dier screening with Winks/Eriksen and Ndombele/LeCelco in front would work better.

Back