• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Leicester City

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Despite strongly held beliefs among large parts of the fan base, Levy has never been quick to pull the trigger on a manager. He's got at least another year unless things get considerably worse.

pulled it pretty quick on GG and AVB iirc

pulled it pretty quick on GG and AVB iirc

AVB was a couple of weeks before Xmas, GG im assuming is that thing in a raincoat, if so that was nothing to do with his performance it was about making a statement as new owners and pleasing the fans by getting Hoddle in, he was sacked over a comment he made in a interview about a transfer on the basis that it broke club confidently rules or something along those lines.

I don’t think there is any chance of him pulling the trigger this week or even this month, The earliest I can possibly envision is early 2020 January/February if we are looking unlikely to make top 4 but can still realistically make it with a boost, otherwise unless he walks he will rightly see out the season.

AVB was a couple of weeks before Xmas, GG im assuming is that thing in a raincoat, if so that was nothing to do with his performance it was about making a statement as new owners and pleasing the fans by getting Hoddle in, he was sacked over a comment he made in a interview about a transfer on the basis that it broke club confidently rules or something along those lines.

I don’t think there is any chance of him pulling the trigger this week or even this month, The earliest I can possibly envision is early 2020 January/February if we are looking unlikely to make top 4 but can still realistically make it with a boost, otherwise unless he walks he will rightly see out the season.

AVB was gone with and 8/5 record at match week 16, in f Poch improves on that we have a great two months coming up.

AVB was gone with and 8/5 record at match week 16, in f Poch improves on that we have a great two months coming up.

But Poch has also built up 4 years of good faith, and been at the helm of our best sustained period in 30 years, it doesn’t make him exempt from criticism if he continues making bad team and tactical decisions but it has to mean far more than AVB’s one season of the same crap football but being well baled our by Bale’s brilliance.

It's not pedantry, it's a very important distinction.

Using my methods, we would end up with a deep lying 2 of Modric and Dembele and become very successful. Using the traditional description of a DM, we could end up with Parker and Wanyama with obvious results.

Do you not think that when Ndombele finds his feet in his league, Poch wants him and Winks as his deep pairing?

What a spineless reaction from some people. Did you all vote to leave in 2016 too? FFS...comvenience culture at its absolute worst!

I appreciate the sentiment Steff but Poch is open to criticism like anyone else. He'd have the keys to the stadium pretty much for life if he wanted as far as I'm concerned and I think he should be given as much room as possible to turn this around. But only if he shows he wants it and stops his flimflam public utterances. The man is bringing this on himself.

Do you not think that when Ndombele finds his feet in his league, Poch wants him and Winks as his deep pairing?

I’d like to think so
I think we suffer (awaits a barrage) from having two players currently who are arguably unstoppable on current form but technically aren’t as good as the players their replacing ...
I mean sissoko and Lamela by the way, who have both had great starts compared to the rest of the squad

I appreciate the sentiment Steff but Poch is open to criticism like anyone else. He'd have the keys to the stadium pretty much for life if he wanted as far as I'm concerned and I think he should be given as much room as possible to turn this around. But only if he shows he wants it and stops his flimflam public utterances. The man is bringing this on himself.

I didn’t say he wasn’t open to criticism mate, and I have criticised him too.

But predicting when he might get the sack? Pathetic. Just pathetic. Thankfully Levy has more brains and balls than to even utter that word!

Fair point and I’d agree with you

By the way Deano, apologies if I occasionally seem bull in china shop-ish and rude. Not personal whatsoever and feel free to call me on it. I still imagine we are in a pub yakking away and you can see my pointy shouty face! So yes, sorry if I appear clamy sometimes!

Look its clear for all to see that there is something not quite right with the team.

Poch has relied very heavily on Kanes form in previous seasons to paper over some patchy team form.

This could be the defining moment of the season 7 games in 21 days and so far 1 great win 1 draw and 1 loss when both were there for the taking.

We are really going to struggle for top four unless poch and the team get their act together quickly. It’s about how much Poch wants to when it’s likely united will come calling again soon given their poor form and Real Madrid will also come calling it again.

Poch is an honourable man and will see out until the end of the season but it’s a real test of Levy’s patience if results don’t start coming.

Speculation about managers losing their job is part and parcel of the game- it’s not pathetic, it’s reality, if your not getting results and the team performance is not great then , like it or not, a manager change is the first thing that happens.

That is not to say I don’t think Poch cant turn it around, cos he can but he really needs to want it.

With the quality which we have in the 3 positions behind Kane (Son, Eriksen, Dele, Moura, Lo Celso, Lamela) we could probably play any two of our CMs and still be relatively ok. We just need to get back to playing our best formation, 4-2-3-1, so that we can play 3 of those behind Kane and get some familiarity with it. Chopping and changing formation is what is killing us, less so which players are picked

I said the same in the Poch thread. Pick the formation and stick with it. Only rotate like for like. ( or as near as possible for the pedants amongst us!) . No more craziness, please.

So you think this three in midfield is temporary so ndombele gets his hand held until he’s ready to fly? Lots of patchy performances and results to come then because the hand holding certainly isnt working.

He needs to go with them two as a two right now. There is so many games that sissoko will get his matches too and can come in for winks or ndombele on plenty of occassions. He has to stop squashing them all in.

Granted we didnt look great at Olympiakos with ndombele and winks in a two but that was a game where the rest of the side were littered with barely fit players like davies, dele, ndombele himself who looked like he had feasted on mcdonalds and beer before the game and again sanchez at right back.

No surprise by the result really; we are one of Leicester's cup finals - the problem these days is we are lots of people's cup finals and we used to swat aside such 'get up for the match vs Spurs' teams. We don't seem physically or mentally strong enough to do so now...:(

Maybe now the most dangerous part of the game is when you've had a goal disallowed for VAR? Remember when Son very nerly made it 4-4 straight after the VAR decision to rule out Sterling's goal?

I’d like to think so
I think we suffer (awaits a barrage) from having two players currently who are arguably unstoppable on current form but technically aren’t as good as the players their replacing ...
I mean sissoko and Lamela by the way, who have both had great starts compared to the rest of the squad

You raise an interesting, if perhaps uncomfortable point....does this highlight the emphasis too much on the physical vs the skillful....?

Back