• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

IMO he was to blame for both of their goals yesterday. He should've been the one tracking the run of Riccardo and he should've been tucked in for the Maddison one. Instead he was still standing out wide leaving acres of space for Maddision to steady himself and shoot.

In general he had a good game, but I feel that for these two goals he was at fault.

IMO he was to blame for both of their goals yesterday. He should've been the one tracking the run of Riccardo and he should've been tucked in for the Maddison one. Instead he was still standing out wide leaving acres of space for Maddision to steady himself and shoot.

In general he had a good game, but I feel that for these two goals he was at fault.
That to me only highlights the problems with our system, not with individual players. The same player is supposed to be responsible for tracking their full back, but also cover centrally against their attacking midfielders. Perhaps with a midfield of three Sandros (on form) that would work, but all too often it leaves the midfield three chasing shadows, constantly getting overloaded and overall struggling.

That to me only highlights the problems with our system, not with individual players. The same player is supposed to be responsible for tracking their full back, but also cover centrally against their attacking midfielders. Perhaps with a midfield of three Sandros (on form) that would work, but all too often it leaves the midfield three chasing shadows, constantly getting overloaded and overall struggling.

I said the same thing elsewhere about the system, however for the first goal he wasn't marking anything but space, he had switched off.

Every time I see his thread bumped, I keep expecting to read something along the lines of "injured in training, out till February."

He looks heavy and unfit.

He does. I know it’s early days, but I can’t help but feel a bit concerned about how laboured he looks off the ball. He had pretty much the whole preseason with us didn’t he? Appreciate he had a little injury, but he just looks SO laboured off the ball.

Did anyone see a lot of him at Lyon, and if so is that just what he’s like? Or has he somehow become super unfit over the summer? The thing that concerns me is that he seems to have more energy as soon as he’s on the ball, which makes me worry it’s partly a work rate issue...

He does. I know it’s early days, but I can’t help but feel a bit concerned about how laboured he looks off the ball. He had pretty much the whole preseason with us didn’t he? Appreciate he had a little injury, but he just looks SO laboured off the ball.

Did anyone see a lot of him at Lyon, and if so is that just what he’s like? Or has he somehow become super unfit over the summer? Rather alarming if it’s the former!

Didn't see that much of him but he was good and well regarded and when we were linked with him some went apebrick about him on here

I'm sure I remember reading that one of the reasons there were concerns he wouldn't make the grade as a youth player was that he wasn't really a natural athlete and had to work hard on his fitness, which he was disinclined to do. Supposedly, that's all in the past now, though....

I'm sure I remember reading that one of the reasons there were concerns he wouldn't make the grade as a youth player was that he wasn't really a natural athlete and had to work hard on his fitness, which he was disinclined to do. Supposedly, that's all in the past now, though....
Apparently he was 8kg overweight :eek: I’m sure Pochettino will have Ndombele on the lemon juice diet to help his aura.

Did anyone see a lot of him at Lyon, and if so is that just what he’s like? Or has he somehow become super unfit over the summer? The thing that concerns me is that he seems to have more energy as soon as he’s on the ball, which makes me worry it’s partly a work rate issue...

I think we have to cut him some flack, he has come from a Lge were the game is a lot slower then here and because of that he probably is not as fit as he needs to be for the game here. Lets give him a while to adjust to the much faster game here before we judge him.

He’s probably one of those players that needs to play all the time to stay sharp and fit. The 3/4 weeks he missed coupled with playing in a much sharper league will have an affect.

In terms of Lyon, I’m sure they have the bulk of possession and would have been on the front foot a lot so it’s not similar to us at the moment. We’re having to do a lot of graft.

Yesterday he had half an hour with Wanyama behind him and Winks right side. Wanyama won’t be match sharp and Winks played the whole game Weds night. That whole midfield setup from the Sissoko sub is where it went pear shaped for me.

When Lyon played city and Barca they didn’t have all the ball
This man went through their teams like a train
He just needs to settle
It’s reminds me of what we saw with Moura when he joined

That's fine but what was he like without the ball? I (and clearly others) have real concerns about his work rate when out of possession. For me, it was like that before he got injured too.

There was some really worrying footage from pre-season, he looked soooo laboured compared to everyone else. Hope he proves me wrong.

That's fine but what was he like without the ball? I (and clearly others) have real concerns about his work rate when out of possession. For me, it was like that before he got injured too.

There was some really worrying footage from pre-season, he looked soooo laboured compared to everyone else. Hope he proves me wrong.

He was great
Honestly we’re not seeing anything I expected
I think he is suffering from being young, foreign and playing in a new quite unsettled side

People will continually make comments about him looking laboured, that's just his running style. Safe to say he isn't up to speed yet though.

Can't help but think that both he and Winks would benefit from having Dier playing behind them. Neither players have the defensive instincts necessary right now.

Ironic that this guy apparently isnt up to speed yet we was celebrating the fact we actually got him in nice and early for pre season:D

Like Bedfordspurs I saw him dominate Man Citys midfield, and he has definitely shown in glimpses this guy has that special something....

Back