• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Could have gone far worse today with him at RB. Doesnt have the agility and athleticism to play there. Too statuesque. Good effort from him today, though hopefully we wont see him there again

I reckon the issue was that he has clearly been reading Trippier's handwritten masterpiece "How to play right back good", sadly just hadn't got round to the chapter about crossing so the silver lining hadn't quite presented itself.......

They love him in Madrid

KWP is not ready and Sanchez is filling in so gets a pass from me!
KWP and Moura should double team the position this season IMO!
Toby could also help if practical!

Hopefully we will buy a quality right back in January. If we had one now then we would have more points than we do now.

Pray enlighten us what skill set you need to boot the ball to kingdom come when you are just a minute away from leading 2-0 at the break.

Pray enlighten us what different skill set you need not to be caught out ball watching when playing full back as opposed to centre half...

I am honest tired of people making excuses for his gaffes....

Ask the manager, he played him there.

I have never once thought, yeah Sanchez - he would make a good right back.

He was roasted from minute 1 and the manager sat on his hands and watched.

He didn’t but today we could have won with a good right back given that all Arsenal did was attack down the left wing. Against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, I barely remember what KWP did.

Would have
Could have
Should have
We have our two fury choice RBs our injured
We just get on with it

Nice attempt at evading the question... silence speaks volumes!

So it is the players fault he has been selected there, despite never playing there and not ever looking like playing there?

He was caught out of position due to being a CB and lost all his bearings on the pitch.

I am not even a big fan of the player, I think he has a lack of concentration, slow reactions and poor positioning.

I cut him some slack today because he was played out of position but he is having a mare this season. When was the last time he had a good game?

He may turn out to a top defender but there’s only one season of good form to go on along with another season of average defending and he’s got worse this season.

Also, why have an actual right back on the bench and not use him? If Aurier isn’t in Poch’s plans then leave him out of the squad, not this halfway house stuff.

Would have
Could have
Should have
We have our two fury choice RBs our injured
We just get on with it

I posted this before but Poch isn’t helping himself by having a fit Aurier available but not selecting him. Start him or leave him out of the squad. Sanchez has been a disaster at CB this season let alone a position he has seldom/never played before in a North London derby away from home.

Full back us STILL a major area of weakness. We used to have the best two in the league. Our current set are miles behind Robertson, KW, TAA and whoever City decide to play at left back.

I posted this before but Poch isn’t helping himself by having a fit Aurier available but not selecting him. Start him or leave him out of the squad. Sanchez has been a disaster at CB this season let alone a position he has seldom/never played before in a North London derby away from home.

Full back us STILL a major area of weakness. We used to have the best two in the league. Our current set are miles behind Robertson, KW, TAA and whoever City decide to play at left back.
Full back would be a major area of weakness for us if Aurier starts or not. I think absence is making the heart grow fonder with Aurier!

Full back would be a major area of weakness for us if Aurier starts or not. I think absence is making the heart grow fonder with Aurier!

He’s the best of a bad bunch IMO. But I’d rather he start than Sanchez who hasn’t even been good in his own position let alone at full back where he’s clearly not comfortable playing in. If Aurier isn’t in Poch’s plans then just leave him at home. Otherwise when there’s no other fit full backs why play someone there who isn’t capable?

I actually thought he did ok. He always has a mistake in him - that header back into the area for example. But he is far more athletic and strong RB than we've had recently. For his first game at RB, away in a NLD, I was impressed. If he could tidy up those little mistakes, then he will be an awesome defender.

He was rubbish today, but again, why is he the one moved around when we have the more experienced Alderweireld in the team who has about 100 international appearances in that position?

He was rubbish today, but again, why is he the one moved around when we have the more experienced Alderweireld in the team who has about 100 international appearances in that position?

The most straight forward option is to just play Aurier who is far from world class but at least knows how to play the position and hasn’t been awful this season. Then play Toby and Jan at CB who at present are still the best two centres halves we have.

The most straight forward option is to just play Aurier who is far from world class but at least knows how to play the position and hasn’t been awful this season. Then play Toby and Jan at CB who at present are still the best two centres halves we have.

Fair point.

I still think Toby should have been the one out there from the starting eleven, at the very least, you are not playing anyone in an unfamiliar position.

Not that starting position is any excuse for some of the mistakes we saw from Sanchez today.

Back