• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

In a exceptionally tight midfield I think he did ok. The back 4 were unable to move the ball quickly enough into midfield. But when Ndombele did get the ball he did as well as anyone moving it about - no one did well, because city strangled our possession. A few times we were brave and tried to play through the press. When we succeeded it wasn't clean, passes were intercepted, and we had to fight to regain the ball. Something Sissoko is more suited to.

If there is criticism its how the team is setup with its movement. Poch needs to coordinate our play a little more. City's movement and passing is (hate to say) for us to aspire to. Especially when attacking down the flanks and playing out from the back.

Ndombele maybe lacks some courage to stamp himself on games, but it is early days. For me he's been tidy, and done his job, everything that is expected.

Do we need to improve the cohesion and shape of our midfield? Yes. Do we need to speed up and improve how the back 4 pass the ball out of defense? Yes. And part of that is how Ndombele and the rest of the midfield move to make space for quicker passes.

Last edited:
I’m not writing the lad off or anything. I think he has huge potential. But even if Poch gave him his instructions in Japanese, there is absolutely no excuse for strolling back after you lose the ball. That brick is unacceptable.

I watched the official Spurs 'behind the scenes' footage of the Villa game and there was a section in the clip where they showed the players warming up doing interval sprints.

Ndombele was lagging waaaaay back behind every other player at the conclusion of the sprints, during the final burst of effort.

His fatigue or lack of effort looked really concerning to me and his performance against City hasn't eased those concerns. Poch also very vocal claiming he has a lot of work to do... Time will tell I guess.

I don't like those stats, get me some that agree with my opinion.

They are the same as Whoscored have published and they use Opta.

Are they?
Then is shows how brick stats are
I’m a massive NDombele fan and have been since seeing him 2 years ago for Lyon but he was gash yesterday playing in a stupid system that really doesn’t work with our player

I think he's done all right for a young debutant with a hefty price tag. Once he is properly integrated into a more settled side, and accustomed to the tempo of the PL, I have no doubt he'll be a great asset to us.

Still very early days.

I wonder whether Poch seems him and Lo Celso as the double pivot. Both can break from midfield and apparently good dribblers. able to keep the ball in press situations. We could have done with a couple of such players yesterday...

Didn't miss a game last season through injury :rolleyes:

That is just great isn't it. I suppose we're meant to say everything is just wonderful without question but our recent training methods seem to be the death of midfielders, Dier the most recent (I get illnesses have been a factor)...

Back