• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the term you are looking for is Park the bus. Or defend in numbers. That always gets lauded for some reason for being heroic.

We don’t even do that, our tactic against city is not to defend properly and don’t bother attacking, no wonder we don’t get any plaudits.

with this new handball rule in the penalty box. I kind of agree with it if it has an affect that presents a change to get a goal. Unsurprisingly the penalties we conceded from the Rose one and Sissoko in the final when both of them have their hands hit I just dont agree with. And I would feel the same if it was not out team. Both players were doing natural movement and the proximity of the player and speed of the hit meant it hit their arms. The Rose one is somewhat debatable but I still cannot get my head around the Sissoko one.

We don’t even do that, our tactic against city is not to defend properly and don’t bother attacking, no wonder we don’t get any plaudits.
Agreed. WE kind of play defensive whilst still leaving massive holes. I dont think our intention though is to sit back. Its just the way the game went and why we had holes all over. We all know how City play, they like to get two our three players out wide to overun the edge of the box and either slide passes across the 6yard box or cut them back. But stopping them is another thing.

Agreed. WE kind of play defensive whilst still leaving massive holes. I dont think our intention though is to sit back. Its just the way the game went and why we had holes all over. We all know how City play, they like to get two our three players out wide to overun the edge of the box and either slide passes across the 6yard box or cut them back. But stopping them is another thing.

I don’t think we tried to hit Kane in the channel once, which considering his pace and aerial advantage over Otamendi is disappointing, we played ourselves into trouble over and over again by trying to go through KWP and Sissoko rather than Eriksen and Ndombele.

The tight back 4 is ok as long as other players get back to cover overlaps, which rarely happened.

I don’t think we tried to hit Kane in the channel once, which considering his pace and aerial advantage over Otamendi is disappointing, we played ourselves into trouble over and over again by trying to go through KWP and Sissoko rather than Eriksen and Ndombele.

The tight back 4 is ok as long as other players get back to cover overlaps, which rarely happened.

I agree with that as well. I think we gave up on long balls as they were coming right back at us. Seems we thought that hanging on to it in our own half was a good things. The possesion stats look ok. But watching the game was something else. I nice long ball up to harry or a flick to Moura would have helped us a lot.

I will be glad to see Son back in the side. He will help a lot. N'Dombele today got played around. I would have taken him off before Winks.

I think the term you are looking for is Park the bus. Or defend in numbers. That always gets lauded for some reason for being heroic.

No issue with parking the bus in games like this.

What kills us is we don’t nor are we brave in the ball - we dally around and get dispossessed and cause countless issues for ourselves.

It’s the same most games against the big sides

Well that was absolutely fudging dismal. Overjoyed with the point. Disgusted with the performance. We were dogbrick. Usually we’ll get a 5-10 minute spell. Today? Nada. Got to the halfway line and gave it away. Felt sorry for Kane. Thought some of the lads at the back did well (Toby and Sanchez particularly). Ndombele infuriated me. KWP was weak.It gave me no confidence we can compete with them over a season.

But, they are frightening. Their movement is something else. And, to be fair, they may have had 30 shots but it’s not like Hugo had to pull off worldies or anything. He didn’t even have to do a De Gea at Wembley last season.

So we were very lucky but we stopped the rot away from home, against the best team in Europe while missing 3-4 top players. We smashed and grabbed. Let’s just get out of town with our point and move on.

COYVAR.

Well that was absolutely fudging dismal. Overjoyed with the point. Disgusted with the performance. We were dogbrick. Usually we’ll get a 5-10 minute spell. Today? Nada. Got to the halfway line and gave it away. Felt sorry for Kane. Thought some of the lads at the back did well (Toby and Sanchez particularly). Ndombele infuriated me. KWP was weak.It gave me no confidence we can compete with them over a season.

But, they are frightening. Their movement is something else. And, to be fair, they may have had 30 shots but it’s not like Hugo had to pull off worldies or anything. He didn’t even have to do a De Gea at Wembley last season.

So we were very lucky but we stopped the rot away from home, against the best team in Europe while missing 3-4 top players. We smashed and grabbed. Let’s just get out of town with our point and move on.

COYVAR.
And we got a point off them. Could prove massive. That's 1 more than last season already.

Point in bag in the hardest away game of season.

Lamela and Lucas continuing their run of scoring.

Son, Dele to return, N'dombele & Lo Celso still to be up to speed with team.

Not a great performance, but job done, City won't drop many points at home this season.

Performance not really a great surprise. We finished last season in really poor form. We didn't start against Villa for the first hour. Can anyone remind me when we last played well as I am having difficulty remembering a game we last dominated and thoroughly deserved to win?

Performance not really a great surprise. We finished last season in really poor form. We didn't start against Villa for the first hour. Can anyone remind me when we last played well as I am having difficulty remembering a game we last dominated and thoroughly deserved to win?

Everton away by my reckoning. You could argue Dortmund at home but they were the better side for 45 mins.

We had a pretty good pre-season. I think that we need to give a pass for the end of last season because we were knackered right the way through the season and patching up one game to the next. We looked fit and sharp in pre-season but are notoriously slow starters under Poch. I think that is fine as long as you pick up points whilst settling and are able to maintain a run of results when we got peak form/fitness the turn of the year.

Back