• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Tbf to Eriksen, he's given his all over 6 years and i can't hold it too much against if he wants to leave.

Obviously, i want him to stay as he's an integral part of how our team functions; only Kane is more important imo. However, i'm not sure if we are ready just yet for life without him and imo as things stand (seeing as we didn't also bring in another striker like Dybala) it'd be poor of the club if they decided to sell him by the end of the month. I'd rather have what he brings on the pitch for one year and risk losing him for nothing. I don't like throwing money away but i think we are in a position (much better than, say, 5 years ago) to absorb this one financial loss...

Tbf to Eriksen, he's given his all over 6 years and i can't hold it too much against if he wants to leave.

Obviously, i want him to stay as he's an integral part of how our team functions; only Kane is more important imo. However, i'm not sure if we are ready just yet for life without him and imo as things stand (seeing as we didn't also bring in another striker like Dybala) it'd be poor of the club if they decided to sell him by the end of the month. I'd rather have what he brings on the pitch for one year and risk losing him for nothing. I don't like throwing money away but i think we are in a position (much better than, say, 5 years ago) to absorb this one financial loss...
You're right, we are not. But there's no denying he wants out, he just hasnt had any suitors yet but that will change around Christmas time. Real and Atletico and Juventus will be up for a bargain and he will get his move. If he isnt sold by 31st August then he will be off in January 100%, although actually leaving on 1st July 2020 of course.

Few would argue Eriksen is right up there among the world's greatest but that article sells him short imo.

For sure he is never your glamour superstar, he doesn't dazzle with dribbling skills nor is he ever going to out-muscle his opponent, but that does not mean he cannot be as deadly as the more extravagant playmakers.

The thing about Eriksen is that what he does is so deceptively simple and understated it can often seem mundane and routine. But his subtlety can be every bit as lethal as it is unspectacular. He makes finding the intelligent forward pass look routine, whereas in reality it's a rare and precious skill that very few attacking mids are capable of on such a regular basis.

This is never more important than when it comes to finding ways to penetrate the parked bus. Not every pass comes off of course, and we're all painfully aware of his shortcomings when it comes to taking corners, but you only have to look at his outstanding assist stats over the years to appreciate the true value of his invention to the likes of Kane, Son, Dele and Moura.

So whilst I would agree with the article that Kane remains our most important player, I take issue with the notion that Eriksen can be quite so easily be replaced. In my opinion he cannot.

Put it like this, Lo Celso will have one hell of a lot to live up to once the great Dane has departed.

I for one am going to miss him when he's gone. I just hope the team doesn't likewise.

You're right, we are not. But there's no denying he wants out, he just hasnt had any suitors yet but that will change around Christmas time. Real and Atletico and Juventus will be up for a bargain and he will get his move. If he isnt sold by 31st August then he will be off in January 400%, although actually leaving on 1st July 2020 of course.

Probably; all we can hope to do is squeeze every last bit of skill for the benefit of THFC whilst he's here.
GLC should hopefully allow for more rotation too. A (more) refreshed Eriksen who still has to play well to a) get his big move and b) get into good shape for the Danish squad for the Euros, assuming they qualify can be good for us.

Probably; all we can hope to do is squeeze every last bit of skill for the benefit of THFC whilst he's here.
GLC should hopefully allow for more rotation too. A (more) refreshed Eriksen who still has to play well to a) get his big move and b) get into good shape for the Danish squad for the Euros, assuming they qualify can be good for us.
Yep I think our best way out of this is to keep him for the season ala Ramsey and use him as best as we can and thus slowly or quickly intergating Lo Celso into the team and changing how we play.

I don't see where he would play in those teams, he'd be competing for spots with De Jong, Alena, Puig plus the old stalwarts at Barcelona and at Madrid he'll be competing with Hazard, Bale, Junior, Isco, Asensio at Real. He'd undoubtedly get games but I don't think he'd be undisputed first choice.

I wouldn’t want to lose either, but if I had to pick one to sell it would be Kane over CE.

We have shown we can cope without Kane.

Have you got your tin hat on because i am sure that will send some into a frenzy. But i do agree with you, Kane is without a doubt a great player but we do/have relied on Eriksen far more in the time he has been here. Goal scorers always attract the BIG headlines ( and Kane deserves them of course) the players who supply the ammunition for the likes of Kane do not get as much of the headlines. Eriksen will be a MASSIVE miss if/when he goes.

Have you got your tin hat on because i am sure that will send some into a frenzy. But i do agree with you, Kane is without a doubt a great player but we do/have relied on Eriksen far more in the time he has been here. Goal scorers always attract the BIG headlines ( and Kane deserves them of course) the players who supply the ammunition for the likes of Kane do not get as much of the headlines. Eriksen will be a MASSIVE miss if/when he goes.

Just look at our last game, Kane was pretty hopeless till CE came on.

Wasn’t just because of him, but he was a part.

I wouldn’t want to lose either, but if I had to pick one to sell it would be Kane over CE.

We have shown we can cope without Kane.

Really?
How did we cope last season in the run-in without Kane?
There's "coping without Kane" and there's still playing to your top levels without Kane, two totally different things

In my books, a player's world class status is defined by a simple question: how often does he win the game for you almost single-handed. Harry has done that plenty of times. Carragher compared Bale with Eriksen in terms of transfer must-do's. Bale - playing for an average Wales - got them to the Nations Cup semi-finals practically on his own. When could you say that about Eriksen? Don't get me wrong. The Dane's qualities make him a great orchestra conductor of our team but a good conductor only makes an impact when the musicians are of equivalent quality and on the same wavelength to him. Kane on the other hand is that violin player who stands up time after time and when he plays that solo piece, his music rises above the background and carries the whole audience.

He scored two on Saturday without Eriksen being involved.

Few would argue Eriksen is right up there among the world's greatest but that article sells him short imo.

For sure he is never your glamour superstar, he doesn't dazzle with dribbling skills nor is he ever going to out-muscle his opponent, but that does not mean he cannot be as deadly as the more extravagant playmakers.

The thing about Eriksen is that what he does is so deceptively simple and understated it can often seem mundane and routine. But his subtlety can be every bit as lethal as it is unspectacular. He makes finding the intelligent forward pass look routine, whereas in reality it's a rare and precious skill that very few attacking mids are capable of on such a regular basis.

This is never more important than when it comes to finding ways to penetrate the parked bus. Not every pass comes off of course, and we're all painfully aware of his shortcomings when it comes to taking corners, but you only have to look at his outstanding assist stats over the years to appreciate the true value of his invention to the likes of Kane, Son, Dele and Moura.

So whilst I would agree with the article that Kane remains a storm trooper mutiny pal, I take issue with the notion that Eriksen can be quite so easily be replaced. In my opinion he cannot.

Put it like this, Lo Celso will have one hell of a lot to live up to once the great Dane has departed.

I for one am going to miss him when he's gone. I just hope the team doesn't likewise.

I think there's plenty would argue.
Would he get picked in front of Messi, kdb, silver, hazard, CR, bale?
Unlikely imho.

So whilst I would agree with the article that Kane remains a storm trooper mutiny pal, I take issue with the notion that Eriksen can be quite so easily be replaced. In my opinion he cannot.

Agree with your sentiment, but I think its more than simply he isnt recognised because he isnt a glamour type player - Modric is in a similar mould and that hasnt stopped him receiving the biggest accolades. If Eriksen really was the top player some want to insist he is, he wouldnt just be putting in performances like we saw against Aston Villa against standard PL sides. He would be changing games against the biggest teams on the big stages - how many times has he done that for us when we've needed it? Not often. Game winning performances against top level opposition in top level competitions is what gets you noticed as a 'world class' player. For me he simply hasnt done that anywhere near as much as a player of his talent should have, and why he will always be that level below those considered the top talents. That is not to dismiss his stint at Spurs at all, he has been great and like you say not easily replaced - but if he'd had that little bit extra something whether it be desire, hunger or whatever he really should have been considered in the same bracket as the top top talents currently playing....

Back