• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

And the point is, the change was as positive a factor as the player.

Potentially any change could have won us the game.

And while Eriksen did well, I didn't get the same impression as others that he won is the game.

Him coming on moved Sissoko deeper, everyone else further up, two things that made a big difference.

He the contributed in moving the ball positively.

There's definitely something in what you're saying but one difference is when Eriksen is on the ball our players make runs knowing a pass will come their way.
That doesnt happen with Lamela, Moura, or Alli on the ball in the same way.

I’ve been critical of Eriksen of late but after Saturday it just reminded me how different and unique he is to our current crop.
Prey him and Tobias stay or at least give a signature so we can convert into funds should they be adamant they’re going.

There's definitely something in what you're saying but one difference is when Eriksen is on the ball our players make runs knowing a pass will come their way.
That doesnt happen with Lamela, Moura, or Alli on the ball in the same way.

Im not sure thats true, Alli in particular is very good at getting the ball to Kane, and Lamela has that knack of getting the vertical passes in where he shouldnt - Kane even said as much post match.

Then we have the notion that both NDombele and Lo Celso are also very good in this way, and once the players get used to that the idea we only have Eriksen (which is wrong to start with) will be completely redundant.

Alli and Lamela can get the ball to Kane no doubt, usually higher up the pitch. Eriksen differs in that he can pick a pass from anywhere in the opposition half.

I’ve been critical of Eriksen of late but after Saturday it just reminded me how different and unique he is to our current crop.
Prey him and Tobias stay or at least give a signature so we can convert into funds should they be adamant they’re going.

I echo the sentiment but, as frustrating as it is, you can understand why they wouldn’t. They’d be weakening their own future negotiating position with a new club thereby taking money out of their pockets and giving it to Spurs.

It’s up to Levy and the club to make a sensible deal where everyone benefits. I’m surprised it’s got to this stage knowing how Levy operates but I guess he’s not a miracle worker and this is how modern football works.

I echo the sentiment but, as frustrating as it is, you can understand why they wouldn’t. They’d be weakening their own future negotiating position with a new club thereby taking money out of their pockets and giving it to Spurs.

It’s up to Levy and the club to make a sensible deal where everyone benefits. I’m surprised it’s got to this stage knowing how Levy operates but I guess he’s not a miracle worker and this is how modern football works.

I think its clear this one isnt on Levy. Eriksen has manufactured the whole thing.

And I cant see a deal that benefits everyone, that benefits Eriksen as much as just sitting out his current contract.

He can stay this season, sign a £400k a week deal with Juve in the summer (maybe a few million sign on as well)

or, he can sign up to a £200k a week deal with a release, and once Madrid/Juve/whoever have stumped up £50m+ to us he can get a £200k+ contract with them.

Unless he plans to stay for the long term, there is absolutely no better option than sitting out his current contract.

And if he does plan to stay for the long term there is absolutely no need for a release clause.

And the point is, the change was as positive a factor as the player.

Potentially any change could have won us the game.

And while Eriksen did well, I didn't get the same impression as others that he won is the game.

Him coming on moved Sissoko deeper, everyone else further up, two things that made a big difference.

He the contributed in moving the ball positively.

we went "ahead" on the xG track 10 minutes before he came on

To me and I'm guessing most of us it was as clear as daylight by HT that we needed Eriksen to come on and help us unpick the lock. It was that obvious.

Agree Eriksen made a major, major difference on Saturday when he came on. I'd love him to stay but dont think he will.
The only silver lining is that the difference between the first and second half on Saturday wasn't only Eriksen - we changed our shape/formation too - and I think that while we would miss him, N'Dombele gives us a pass from midfield that we didn't have last season and I'd hope/expect Lo Celso has been identified as someone who can add at least a bit of what Eriksen would take away. He seems v skilful, to have a good pass, excellent dribbling skills and long-range shooting skills on both feet. He'll also bring an energy to the attack that was missing in the first half on Saturday.

I have to say, the whole idea that we look more fluid, or play at a higher tempo because of Eriksen, I think is completely off. We don’t need to worry that if he goes, we won’t reach the heights of the second half VS Villa again because we will, easily.

He played his part and it was great to see him putting his all in given the uncertainty over his future. But we increased our tempo, we changed formation and Villa tired. That isn’t all on Eriksen.

I prefer to keep him because of the depth it gives us, and the greater chance that means of going deeper in more competitions. But I have no concerns about our style of football if he does go.

I’m actually surprised at some of the lazy takes from good journos over the weekend which have basically been ‘this shows how important Eriksen is to Spurs’ as if him leaving would put us back to the Ramos era. Appreciating they have to craft a narrative but still!

They need a new stick to beat us with, now that we’ve spent some money.

I’m actually surprised at some of the lazy takes from good journos over the weekend which have basically been ‘this shows how important Eriksen is to Spurs’ as if him leaving would put us back to the Ramos era. Appreciating they have to craft a narrative but still!

Him leaving has an effect
But the press currently IMO don’t know what to make of us
Have we improved the squad or haven’t we
Are the refreshed players gonna improve us
Is the fact we know have the ground settled going to help

Their are a lot of unkkowns that they can’t quantify so they will either speculate around what they know or keep quiet ....

Have we improved the squad or haven’t we
Are the refreshed players gonna improve us
Is the fact we know have the ground settled going to help

Their are a lot of unkkowns that they can’t quantify so they will either speculate around what they know or keep quiet ....

I think Eriksen doesn’t know what to make of us either to be honest...he joined a club with a 36k seater stadium, strict wage budget and would finish top 4 if lucky. Now it’s regular CL, gorgeous stadium, amazing training ground and proper wages. His agents have obviously calculated that running himself down gets him a guaranteed pay day but much like Toby’s crew, I think they are realising that there aren’t too many better options than us.

I’ve long since thought it hilarious that most of the press didn’t realise what was happening at our club, to the point where every season we qualified for the CL was followed by predictions of ‘the rest of the usual top 5 will invest, it’s going to be even harder for Spurs to get back in’ as if all we had is dumb luck. We now finally seem to be established as most people’s pick for 3rd, which is great, and it seems to be filtering through to the calibre of player now willing to join us. It must just be slightly odd for players that joined us when we were the best of the rest to really view us as the level of club that we are now.

We’ve been able to really put ourselves up a level much in the way that Atletico have. A non-serious part of me almost wants Toby and Eriksen to go, just so we can have a squad full of players that are delighted to be here and recognising the opportunity they have to be a part of a truly top club, rather than the players that seem to be umming and ahhing about whether we are a stepping stone or not.

we've improved the squad
the refreshed players are gonna improve us
we now have the ground settled

There are only minor unknowns that they can’t quantify so they will turn every single one into a crisis to attack us ....

ftfy

I think Eriksen doesn’t know what to make of us either to be honest...he joined a club with a 36k seater stadium, strict wage budget and would finish top 4 if lucky. Now it’s regular CL, gorgeous stadium, amazing training ground and proper wages. His agents have obviously calculated that running himself down gets him a guaranteed pay day but much like Toby’s crew, I think they are realising that there aren’t too many better options than us.

I’ve long since thought it hilarious that most of the press didn’t realise what was happening at our club, to the point where every season we qualified for the CL was followed by predictions of ‘the rest of the usual top 5 will invest, it’s going to be even harder for Spurs to get back in’ as if all we had is dumb luck. We now finally seem to be established as most people’s pick for 3rd, which is great, and it seems to be filtering through to the calibre of player now willing to join us. It must just be slightly odd for players that joined us when we were the best of the rest to really view us as the level of club that we are now.

We’ve been able to really put ourselves up a level much in the way that Atletico have. A non-serious part of me almost wants Toby and Eriksen to go, just so we can have a squad full of players that are delighted to be here and recognising the opportunity they have to be a part of a truly top club, rather than the players that seem to be umming and ahhing about whether we are a stepping stone or not.

Have to say the Synergies with us and Atletico are astounding

Back