• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

Im a little perplexed as to why he is spoken about in such high regard.

He was an incredible player, it is impossible to argue otherwise, genuinely brilliant.

However, I thought we were long past the idea that good player = good manager.

And so far as management goes, Ive seen nothing in him to suggest he has that about him.

He has always been an utter bellend, a self important egotistical prick, a shameless cheat (at times), and even in his punditry shown no particular insight. So what, in there, suggests "First job in management, Monaco - a massive club, that sounds about right"

Gerrard is another Henry IMO, a total bellend (but not half the player).

Lampard always seemed to have a bit more sense to him, even then though getting Derby was a massive coup for him.

Henry, Gerrard, Lampard ... all in recent months.

I agree entirely with the rest of your post though.

much rather hire gerrard and lampard over henry.always thought those 2 have spoken intelligently (once youre able to see past gerrards accent), and they have far more EQ than henry imo.

much rather hire gerrard and lampard over henry.always thought those 2 have spoken intelligently (once youre able to see past gerrards accent), and they have far more EQ than henry imo.

Both managing the same club? That would restart the argument about Lampard and Gerrard not working well as a pair.

I'm intrigued to see how all the players do as managers.
Haven't seen Gerrard's output much so I can't comment but the bits I've seen of FL at Derby looks promising.

We won't know anything about Terry for a long while which is a blessing for everybody.
Henry at least won the location competition.

Dunno how terrible Fulham can continue to be until their coach comes under pressure. Spent £100m in the summer, don't think the board will be too impressed. They are so bad at the back.

Dunno how terrible Fulham can continue to be until their coach comes under pressure. Spent £100m in the summer, don't think the board will be too impressed. They are so bad at the back.

Was thinking similar.
Maybe able to pickup a bargain in Jan :cool:

I'd rather have Mitrovic than Llorente. Then again, he'd probably be rubbish if he wasn't playing every week (Llorente was banging them in when he started every week for Swansea).

Back