• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

OK... let's talk about something other than the transfer window

Looking at NWHL there are various areas that are a bit unusual... can someone be bothered to explain what is what in this image... click it to expand. Sorry it is huge but it needs to be huge to see the detail

Are 1 and 3 camera positions... why is 2 odd seating compared to either side?

I guess 4 disappeared due to fat fingers in the mighty MSPaint.

I guess 5 is a camera position... maybe 6 and 7 are the main camera positions, but why so huge, do they need all that?

Where will Levy sit, out of 8 9 10?

Is 11 the bench, with 12 the front bench for Pochettino? Is this also for the away team?

What is 13?

14 15 16 17 look like Press areas, but are they all the same, just Press?

18 is for cameras I guess, 19 is the TV studio for Gary Lineker et al

21 - we see the huge white "grass lights" framework, and a large triangular support thing attached. Fascinating. Apparently this will slide under the north stand when not in use. Similar to the one used at OWHL.

Don't ask me where 20 went.

22 is where the cognoscenti think a golden badger statue will appear

I noticed the blue glass going behind 24, not yet behind 23, indicating this might be quite an "open" backing, unless they put the veil/shuttering behind it?

8FOGyvP.jpg

8FOGyvP

If various spaces that you think are designated for camera positions seem larger than necessary, you have to consider that when Spurs are to be in a position to win the league, extra camera positions will be needed for various specialized tasks, like isolating on particular players, coaching staff or fans. To not have this space available would run counter to all the 'future proofing' work Spurs have done with this new ground. It isn't just about the fans, but about creating resources so the club has every option available on how to present itself.

If at some point in the season those positions aren't needed for media purposes, they can easily be used to offer additional seating to accommodate special guests.

As for the so-called "press" areas, no one uses that extinct term anymore. It's simply 'media'. But those spaces look like they could be used for any number of purposes such as group entertainment or special guests.

2,3 and 5 are blocks with wheel chair access. There are several of these blocks around the stadium. You can see them in the Intercative Stadium map, marked as Block xxx W/C.

If various spaces that you think are designated for camera positions seem larger than necessary, you have to consider that when Spurs are to be in a position to win the league, extra camera positions will be needed for various specialized tasks, like isolating on particular players, coaching staff or fans. To not have this space available would run counter to all the 'future proofing' work Spurs have done with this new ground. It isn't just about the fans, but about creating resources so the club has every option available on how to present itself.

If at some point in the season those positions aren't needed for media purposes, they can easily be used to offer additional seating to accommodate special guests.

As for the so-called "press" areas, no one uses that extinct term anymore. It's simply 'media'. But those spaces look like they could be used for any number of purposes such as group entertainment or special guests.
NFL also requires a larger number of cameras compared to football.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

In the corners under the large screens it looks like some seats will be cut off by a wall, not saying they will be as I have not seen views but looks like awkward viewing

OK... let's talk about something other than the transfer window

Looking at NWHL there are various areas that are a bit unusual... can someone be bothered to explain what is what in this image... click it to expand. Sorry it is huge but it needs to be huge to see the detail

Are 1 and 3 camera positions... why is 2 odd seating compared to either side?

I guess 4 disappeared due to fat fingers in the mighty MSPaint.

I guess 5 is a camera position... maybe 6 and 7 are the main camera positions, but why so huge, do they need all that?

Where will Levy sit, out of 8 9 10?

Is 11 the bench, with 12 the front bench for Pochettino? Is this also for the away team?

What is 13?

14 15 16 17 look like Press areas, but are they all the same, just Press?

18 is for cameras I guess, 19 is the TV studio for Gary Lineker et al

21 - we see the huge white "grass lights" framework, and a large triangular support thing attached. Fascinating. Apparently this will slide under the north stand when not in use. Similar to the one used at OWHL.

Don't ask me where 20 went.

22 is where the cognoscenti think a golden badger statue will appear

I noticed the blue glass going behind 24, not yet behind 23, indicating this might be quite an "open" backing, unless they put the veil/shuttering behind it?
1 = Disabled Seating (several other areas like this spread out around the stadium)stadium map.JPG
2 = Tunnel Club Seating
3 = Corporate Seating (Accessed from the very back of the tier)
4 = Press Box/Seating
5 = TV and Commentary Gantry
6 = TV Gantry and Disabled Seating behind

Anyone thinking of going to either of the test events? I’m torn as I want to be all surprised and excited for the Liverpool game and don’t want to spoil it, but at the same time intrigued and curious (oooooh matron).

Anyone thinking of going to either of the test events? I’m torn as I want to be all surprised and excited for the Liverpool game and don’t want to spoil it, but at the same time intrigued and curious (oooooh matron).

I’m on holiday in September (and won’t even be able to watch the Liverpool game on tv.) and can’t wait until October to see the stadium, so will be applying in the ballots for the test events.

I’m also peeved at the club for sneaking in a Wembley ‘home’ game in August. I was banking on all away games and agreed to go to a family do on the day we play Fulham.
So no in-person football for me until October. :(

Tottenham Hotspur has today announced Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), creator of the EA SPORTS™ FIFA 19 computer game series, as the Club’s Official Video Game Partner. EA SPORTS™ previously enjoyed a successful partnership with the Club between 2012 and 2015.

As part of this latest partnership, the Club’s iconic new stadium will feature in FIFA 19, while the team will also be available to select in the FIFA 19 Demo, due for release in September, along with nine other UEFA Champions League sides.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...rts-become-clubs-official-video-game-partner/

A few seconds of preview footage from the game in the article.

I’m on holiday in September (and won’t even be able to watch the Liverpool game on tv.) and can’t wait until October to see the stadium, so will be applying in the ballots for the test events.

I’m also peeved at the club for sneaking in a Wembley ‘home’ game in August. I was banking on all away games and agreed to go to a family do on the day we play Fulham.
So no in-person football for me until October. :(
No TV even? Where you off to?

Tottenham Hotspur has today announced Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), creator of the EA SPORTS™ FIFA 19 computer game series, as the Club’s Official Video Game Partner. EA SPORTS™ previously enjoyed a successful partnership with the Club between 2012 and 2015.

As part of this latest partnership, the Club’s iconic new stadium will feature in FIFA 19, while the team will also be available to select in the FIFA 19 Demo, due for release in September, along with nine other UEFA Champions League sides.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...rts-become-clubs-official-video-game-partner/

A few seconds of preview footage from the game in the article.

Niiiice! By chance I was searching for "new Tottenham stadium fifa 19" earlier today just to check if it would be in! Searched a few hours too early, I guess. Looks class. :)

Back