• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I dont believe that. Given the fees Chinese clubs pay, we'd have jumped at it.

6 days to go.

Has a team which finished in the top 4 ever not signed a player in the window afterwards???

Has a PL team ever not signed a player in the summer window?

As posted before, Levy saved this club and has taken us to where we are today - far, far above where we were when he came in. I don't believe though that we're somehow special and can't sign players earlier in the window now that we're a top 4 team or couldn't sign players earlier in the window when we used to finish 5th or 6th.

I'm not saying we should be splashing gazillions - just a question of timing.

I don't think there's ever been a PL club who haven't signed at least someone or got a loan in if they were skint. Nearest I can remember is when Arse only signed Cech one summer and they got continually mocked for it.

Regardless of all this Spurs needs an additional CM especially a box to box CM. Unless Onomah and Winks quality has tremendously improved, we would be weak in central midfield compared to our rivals. I am fine with strength in GK, CD, FB, AM, DM and ST positions. I am not fine with our depth in CM. We really need someone there. I know Eriksen and Sissoko can play there. Perhaps Pochettino is not so perturbed because of that.

We badly need a new top class central midfielder both for the short term and long term.

Ndombele could have been taken weeks ago for £68m but I guess we have decided to move for him with a couple of hours left in the window, to see if we can get him for £58m instead.

Might save £10m, might not but either way no pre season, no settling in time and misses at least the first game of the season.

Great stuff!

We badly need a new top class central midfielder both for the short term and long term.

Ndombele could have been taken weeks ago for £68m but I guess we have decided to move for him with a couple of hours left in the window, to see if we can get him for £58m instead.

Might save £10m, might not but either way no pre season, no settling in time and misses at least the first game of the season.

Great stuff!

You work for the club do you? You have no fudging clue who our targets are or when we'll finalise moves for them.

You're creating your own narrative to suit another boring rant.

Great stuff!

Or why pay £68m for him when a far better player in Kovacic is potentially available for £53m? You've got to aim high first and then have fall backs

Great stuff!
I wouldn’t pay the £58 million for him, let alone the £68 million that he was apparently available for weeks ago. How on earth is he worth that amount?

5pm BST 6pm CET on Thursday to be precise

Levy better be getting his fax machine warmed up, time is fast running out.

I've gone from my dream of Bale and Modric this window to a just as unlikely Kovacic and Pulsic. By Thursday my unrealistic expectations will have plummeted and I'll take Zaha and Cook.

The transfer window always reminds me of my grandkids with their christmas/birthday money, can't get down the toy shop quick enough to buy something/anything rather than wait and get something they really want.

I understand, though our approach is very high risk. We just need someone to gazump us, or someone change their mind etc, or another transfer fall over and have knock on implications for our deals...and then the planned very late transfers don't happen.

I don't buy the argument which is sometimes trotted out that we're somehow 'special' and cant find players who would improve us. If this happened once then it could be valid, however when it happens every year then leaving it very late is our clear strategy. High risk as a I say

Levy better be getting his fax machine warmed up, time is fast running out.

I've gone from my dream of Bale and Modric this window to a just as unlikely Kovacic and Pulsic. By Thursday my unrealistic expectations will have plummeted and I'll take Zaha and Cook.

Do people still use faxes?

Back