• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I still think we will end up with martial in,Toby out and de light.
Man u are posturing, and when it goes belly up for Jose he can blame the board for selling martial on him.

Grealish and cook we might pick up depending on how much we have left over, and zaha is similar but also a shot across utds bows.
If UTD had played ball it would have been all tied up weeks ago.

I dont think Jose could blame anything on Martial going (or not). He has completely sidelined him the whole time he has been there. Even when Martial performed he got dropped.

If its posturing, its more about Alderweireld, and generally messing us about - IMO.

Grealish and Cook are welcome as squad players, IMO, with the potential to maybe become more.

I would think, if we did get Martial, Zaha is off. And vice-versa

I dont think Jose could blame anything on Martial going (or not). He has completely sidelined him the whole time he has been there. Even when Martial performed he got dropped.

If its posturing, its more about Alderweireld, and generally messing us about - IMO.

Grealish and Cook are welcome as squad players, IMO, with the potential to maybe become more.

I would think, if we did get Martial, Zaha is off. And vice-versa

Gives Jose a 'not my fault, they sold players I wanted to keep' excuse.
It's clear his time is almost up at old Trafford, it's just a case of lining up the excuses.

The manager - Sean Dyche
"The bar got set high early this year."

Burnley have been one of the lowest spenders in the Premier League over the last few years and have been frustrated in their attempts to strengthen their squad this summer.

They have seen offers for West Brom duo Craig Dawson and Jay Rodriguez turned down and have pulled out of a potential move for Swansea's Sam Clucas.

Manager Sean Dyche told Sky Sports News that James Maddison's £24m switch from Norwich to Leicester on June 20 has affected the market this summer.

There's lot of different changes in the market every window it seems," he said. "The bar got set high early this year with the first domestic transfers; Maddison going to Leicester pushed the boundaries and then it's a knock-on effect and everyone wants everything they can get. It does make it difficult but it's not new to us.

"All clubs hold in a shape of waiting and waiting to push the margins, it's as simple as that, because clubs that get money in know they have to put it back out there. It's tough for everyone."

Even though the window is closing earlier this year, business has still not been done until late, with the Clarets yet to sign a single player.

"Everybody knows it's coming so clubs are holding and holding," added Dyche.

"From a football point of view it's right, because you should have your players in the camp for the start of the season, but from a business point of view, if it was like the old days and you could do it all year clubs would have to sell at any given time, now they know it's coming so they wait and wait and push and push to maximise every drop."

RODRIGUEZ BID REJECTED

Burnley have had a bid for former striker Jay Rodriguez knocked back by West Brom, according to Sky sources.

The Clarets put in a £16m offer for the forward, but that is significantly below what the Baggies would be willing to sell for.

BURNLEY BID FOR CLUCAS

Burnley have put in an £8m bid for Swansea midfielder Sam Clucas, Sky sources understand.

The 27-year-old signed for the Swans from Hull City last summer, and scored three Premier League goals as the Welsh side were relegated last season.

Both players he had apparently given up on, and now gone back in for once the pressure mounts/lack of other interest etc...

If true it’s one of the reasons many are frustrated, there would be no reason we couldn’t have sorted this early.

He wasn’t at World Cup, so why wait till last week?
Because they're asking for £45m. No way we should pay that for this guy.

Back