• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

On the face of it the ref should be overridden by the VAR. It should be a requirement once the VAR has recommended it.

Alternatively he should at the very least be required after the game to explain why he ignored the advice of the VAR. He was on the spot, maybe he'd seen something that justified his decision not to review or maybe he explained to the VAR at the time a compelling reason why he decided not review it.

There's a lot we do not know but some kind of post-match explanation seems a minimal requirement.

On the face of it the ref should be overridden by the VAR. It should be a requirement once the VAR has recommended it.

Alternatively he should at the very least be required after the game to explain why he ignored the advice of the VAR. He was on the spot, maybe he'd seen something that justified his decision not to review or maybe he explained to the VAR at the time a compelling reason why he decided not review it.

There's a lot we do not know but some kind of post-match explanation seems a minimal requirement.

They should broadcast the officials conversations, then it is transparent.

When I said get rid of the ref on the pitch, I imagined the VAR ref talking to the players and crowd through loudspeaker! Obviously with a deep menacing special effect on the vocals.

And the BUDWEISER REPLAY shows...

*plays hearbeat-pace music*

..that it was a...

...PENALTY!

When I said get rid of the ref on the pitch, I imagined the VAR ref talking to the players and crowd through loudspeaker! Obviously with a deep menacing special effect on the vocals.

And then by sending on a marching band and pom-pom girls, might as well join the farce.

Agreed, perhaps he saw Kane pull a bogey from his nose and wipe it on the defender's cheek, shortly before the corner, in which case the wrestling was fair enough. But it would be good to know.
It will be interesting to know if he gets any more games in the next round or gets struck off.

It kills all the passion though. That equaliser would have been one of the great world cup moments. You just can't celebrate goals any more.
That is its one disadvantage, I agree. But I think it will apply to a small percentage of goals.

One of the reasons people used against bringing in technology, was the indiscretions were part of the game and gave something to moan about down the pub afterwards. Seems VAR still provides plenty for people to moan about.

Not so hard when it was plain to see he was off side, the linesman had his flag up as soon as he touched the ball.

And had the linesman been wrong, VAR would have let the goal stand and the Iranians could have celebrated the goal twice. And it was a great moment, I love the extended celebrations of a goal that never was. As long as it's not a Spurs goal.

Back