• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

LAMPARD REVEALS DERBY TALKS

Former Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has revealed he has been in talks over the vacant manager position at Derby County.

He told BT Sport: There's been interest from Derby. I've been speaking to them. I am ambitious and will carry on speaking to them when I get home."

MORE ON LAMPARD

There are still a number of contractual issues to address, and so it’s unlikely any contract will be signed in the next 24 hours, but it’s thought both Derby and Lampard are keen to get the deal done.

Lampard confirmed on Saturday night that he is in talks with Derby.

Jody Morris - who has steered Chelsea’s Under 18s to the FA Youth Cup for the last two seasons - is expected to join Lampard as part of his coaching staff. The two became close friends during their time at Stamford Bridge.

Really surprised at this one. Its a club with big expectations, but a lower budget - and so a very tricky job.

I would expect them to be able to pull in an established manager, so to go for Lampard is interesting.

Just as, for Lampard, its a real challenge. He hasnt gone lower leagues/2 horse race like Gerrard, he is taking on a big job in a highly competitive and relentless division.

I dont mind him as a pundit at all really. Kind of magnolia, not in any way offensive but hardly that interesting either.

Compared to most pundits though that puts him a class above already!

Derby County have appointed ex-Chelsea and England midfielder Frank Lampard as their new manager on a three-year deal.

Lampard, taking on his first managerial role, was one of 20 applicants for the job and becomes Derby's seventh appointment in just over three years.

He replaces Gary Rowett as boss of the Championship club, after he left to take charge at Stoke City.

The 39-year-old, capped 106 times by England, made 649 appearances for Chelsea and is their record goalscorer.

Derby finished sixth in the second tier last season but lost in the play-off semi-finals to Fulham and have been without a manager since Rowett's departure on 22 May.

Brave move for all parties. I hope he does well.

Let's start up the Klopp bandwagon

_101691183_klopp2_getty.jpg

There's a lot of candidates - Guti, Wenger, Conte, Low, Allegri, Klopp,...plenty of options for them to choose from. Conte or Low is more their style. Poch is great, but would they appoint an outsider who has never won a major trophy???

Interesting decision from Zidane. Winning three CLs in a row is a good point to step away. He says he needs a rest and that the team needs a different voice. Both probably true. After a rest he can always come back without the baggage of being sacked (not that that bothers Real).

There are also signs of discontent. The comments by Ronaldo and Bale suggest problems behind the scenes. They also finished a long way behind Barcelona so some rebuilding is needed. Let someone else face these hurdles and they could open the way for him being welcomed back as the hero.

Back