• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

No news on the injury then?

Scan would have had to wait until swelling went down, so IMO that's Tuesday at the earliest. Once the MRI scan is done it should be clearer as to whether its a grade 1, 2 or GHod forbid 3 sprain. Most ankle sprains heal within 2 to 6 weeks, however severe sprains many take as long as 12 weeks.

It appears keepers can launch themselves with both feet off the ground at an other player. I dont buy into he was offside so it cant be a caution or sending off, as to follow that reasoning would allow for any violent or dangerous play to be ignored.

Fingers crossed we get some good news later this week then... thankfully only one more club fixture this month and surely Llorente can do the job against his former club...

Hopefully just a grade one. He walked off, didn't scream in agony or pound the pitch when it happened. Even looked like they tested his ankle thinking that he might come back on.

Any professional sportsman with an injury will be told to insure to rest or protect the area until a complete diagnosis of the injury has been carried out, its just normal reaction to the situation.
Yeah I know they always wear the protective boot, just didnt think he'd have to go around in crutches still. Hopefully its just as you say.....

Given we're all playing amateur doctors, here's my contribution - on this basis, grade 1 can probably be ruled out, but equally it didnt look like he was in severe pain

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/ankle-achilles-shin-pain/sprained-ankle

Grade 1 sprain result in mild symptoms with some pain and little or no swelling. There may be a feeling of joint “stiffness” with some degree of difficulty in walking or running however more often than not, the athlete is able to play on and finish the training session or game. In these type of injuries, the ligaments are usually stretched rather than completely torn and the ankle should feel better relatively quickly. Recovery time for mild (grade 1) ankle sprains is usually somewhere between 2 and 4 weeks.

Grade 2 sprain result in symptoms of moderate to severe pain with severe difficulty on walking. The athlete is unlikely to be able to play on and will often limp heavily. Minor bruising and swelling may present immediately but can take several hours (up to 48) to develop. The ankle will feel very stiff but may also feel unstable resulting from a number of torn ligament fibres (this can be tested more accurately by a professional therapist). Recovery time for moderate ankle sprains (grade 2) takes between is 4 and 8 weeks.

Grade 3 sprain result in almost complete tears or total ruptures of the ligament(s). There will be severe pain immediately and the ankle may feel very unstable and weak. Swelling usually develops immediately and bruising often develops over the next 48 hours. These injuries need to be assessed in a hospital and often require and x-ray to ensure no bones have been broken. Severe ankle sprains (grade 3) can take up to 3 months to recover.

I have torn both ankle ligaments many times - the last time I did it I couldn't put any pressure on it and had to crawl off the five aside pitch.....

Don't think it is 3, possibly 1 or 2...

In an ideal scenario this injury would keep him out of Englands World Cup squad, while simulteneously allowing him to play all remaining Spurs games this season. Don't know ho that'd work though.

Followed by breaking a metatarsal in injury time of our last match of the season

In an ideal scenario this injury would keep him out of Englands World Cup squad, while simulteneously allowing him to play all remaining Spurs games this season. Don't know ho that'd work though.
This, hopefully. I'd be surprised if it's a grade 3 given that his facial expression looked more "bugger, that hurt and my ankle's not right" than the "OW OW OW IT HURTS THE PAIN SOMEONE'S SHOT ME IN THE ANKLE" that comes with a serious tear.

I do think he'll miss the game against Chelsea. Hopefully Poch will play some mind games to keep Conte guessing, then get Sonny and Moura to open a can of whup-ass on their creaky defence.

However bad it is, anything other than a really minor sprain will hurt more the next day, so crutches aren't a surprise. Keep the weight off it, Harry.

On the bench for Sunday but withdrawn because of a reaction in training.

I was sat quietly amongst the home fans right behind that goal, in row 1. As soon as he went down his facial expressions indicated a fair amount of pain and I immediately thought he would be going off. Clearly this adds nothing to the debate about what grade it is. However, I think he knew straight away that he wouldn’t be running it off and it was a ‘proper’ injury.

On an unrelated note, Dele’s grin and ear-cupping after his goal was hilarious from my position, given the incessant abuse being thrown at him!

Back