• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Rumours ( Tabloid rubbish properly ) of Madrid selling Modric this summer. Personally I would take him back. Someone with a wise head could make all the difference and he was never reliant on his pace either. At 32 he could play another 4 years easily and be our Pirlo.

Not sure he fits into Pochs managerial style though. The rumours say liverpool and the scum want him, and that he wants to come back to London. Like I said, probably all rubbish, but interesting.

I think he would fit, Poch has been after a ball playing midfielder for a while hence the Gomes links and some other very loose links with others in the summer. Maybe Winks can be that player but he's looked poor since coming back from injury, maybe he's not fit but seems to have lost his confidence.

Saha would be a great signing but potentially we have Moura for that role

Sessegnon is the one I want

Moura? I need to see more (looking forward to it)
Sessegnon - I like yes but they want £50m.:eek:.....sorry I can't cope with that for an 18 yo.....I'm too old :)

I'm pretty confident Lopez will be coming back in the summer as #2 GK.

He'll be a free agent, and Poch and Jimenez are massive fans (Poch says so in his book). I think he's being groomed as Lloris' successor.

I think he would fit, Poch has been after a ball playing midfielder for a while hence the Gomes links and some other very loose links with others in the summer. Maybe Winks can be that player but he's looked poor since coming back from injury, maybe he's not fit but seems to have lost his confidence.

Winks *can* be that player. Come on, mate - he's young, he's coming off an injury setback. It happens.

I don't want a playmaker this summer - at least, not one that plays in central midfield. Give Winks time, and he'll go back to being the effortlessly elegant creator who bossed Real Madrid.

Winks *can* be that player. Come on, mate - he's young, he's coming off an injury setback. It happens.

I don't want a playmaker this summer - at least, not one that plays in central midfield. Give Winks time, and he'll go back to being the effortlessly elegant creator who bossed Real Madrid.
Winks can be that player, but he's young and some inconsistency is to be expected.

For me his absence, both through injuries and lack of form, has been felt. We lack creativity and passing tempo in central midfield when he's not there. We also know all too well the problems Dembele have had with injuries. Another creative midfielder would be a great addition. I've hoped that Onomah could be that player, but he hasn't exactly been ripping apart the Championship this season.

Modric for a couple of years seems like a great option to me, if his head is in the right place. We will still be able to give Winks playing time, and there can be no better player to learn from. The worry is that he might be past it, hasn't been anywhere near his best at Real this season by what I've heard. Will depend on his motivation.

He's good dont get me wrong but Spurs could probably get more bangs for thier bucks elsewhere.
Remember we are seeing things from afar and I really have not a scooby what Levy sees as a priority purchase.

Dont forget Sanchez, similar in potential/lower league buy - £40 - for a defender no less.

In context, £50m for a free scoring (slightly younger) player of potential seems to be within reason.

Though I agree, it is a huge amount of money.

Dont forget Sanchez, similar in potential/lower league buy - £40 - for a defender no less.

In context, £50m for a free scoring (slightly younger) player of potential seems to be within reason.

Though I agree, it is a huge amount of money.

I think they are quite different, Sanchez had won the Copa Libertadores, been capped by Columbia, got to the Europe League final and played in it as well as being voted Ajax's player of the year. Sessegon looks a huge talent but his accomplishments don't match what Sanchez had although Sessegon is younger of course.

I think they are quite different, Sanchez had won the Copa Libertadores, been capped by Columbia, got to the Europe League final and played in it as well as being voted Ajax's player of the year. Sessegon looks a huge talent but his accomplishments don't match what Sanchez had although Sessegon is younger of course.
I think Sessegnon has a higher ceiling due to being an attacking player.

I don't think that's a surprise, can't really even be considered back up now others come off the bench ahead of him and sometimes doesn't even make the bench. Backup striker is a position we really need to sort out for next season. I like Son but if Kane was out for a few months I'd want someone more than Son to play there.

Does it need to be a CF though? We look a much better side with the false 9 setup without Kane than we do whenever we have played a CF in his place these past few seasons

Does it need to be a CF though? We look a much better side with the false 9 setup without Kane than we do whenever we have played a CF in his place these past few seasons

Id prefer a CF, I think the rest of the team needs to be Barca/Spain 2010 style levels for a false no 9 to work properly. We don't have the guile for that even though we have a very strong midfield and we're also not set up to play like that either.

Back