• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool***

You do realise he would make little difference here? This is purely a tactical thing. Players being asked to work it out from the back against one of the best pressing teams in the league.

You think Poch would analyse how others have had joy vs Liverpool. I can guarantee u it wasn’t by rolling it around the back 4.

I’m annoyed he’s ignored what worked so well in the reverse fixture.

You do realise he would make little difference here? This is purely a tactical thing. Players being asked to work it out from the back against one of the best pressing teams in the league.

You think Poch would analyse how others have had joy vs Liverpool. I can guarantee u it wasn’t by rolling it around the back 4.

He's simply a class act. We'll always miss a quality player like that. Gives us a bit more experience and cunning. His rumoured new contract hasn't materialised unfortunately. But for about a year, Verts has actually been the better of the two. Just been exceptional.

Call him what you want he gives the ball away by being caught on the ball EVERY game, I don’t see Wanyama do that who isn’t a pure DM because he drives forward with the ball all the time....
There isn't a midfielder in the world who doesn't get caught on the ball every game.

Even Dembele got caught on the ball once or twice in his 90±% passing game against Utd

Call him what you want he gives the ball away by being caught on the ball EVERY game, I don’t see Wanyama do that who isn’t a pure DM because he drives forward with the ball all the time....

Also plays better more consistent forward passes stretching play and creating chances - really is a myth that Dier is a level above Wanyama on the ball.

We are so slow and not direct. Their wing backs are always open and ours always covered, because we play so slow. They're always playing forward and we're playing sideways.

The commentators are making this sound alot worse than it is. The Liverpool loving is beyond cringey.

If Alli and Dembele stop fudging around with the ball and play it simple and quickly then we will do abit better.

Dier the reason we always lose away against the big boys. He bottles it too much.

Lloris just need to lump it as he has not got the distribution.

Sherwood ripping Dier. Showed his mistakes from last season losing the ball to Manes goal.

Dier needs to much time when on the ball.

They only look like scoring when we make a mistake. Go long to Kane. If we get it then play.

If not WE pressure their back line.

This is just crap from Poch today -- we hammered them 4-1 playing on the counter, we got chance after chance playing that way, sitting deeper, bein more direct at times. This time, we decide to go there, push high, create nothing and let them get all the chances by playing 2 passes forward or picking up a mistake in possession.

This is the first time I have been totally phucked off with Poch, it's just brain dead not to approach this game the same way we did at Wembley. Not good enough.

And Eric Dier -- I'm not the only one who wants to kill him, right?
Early goal changes everything.

Wanyama wasn't good in the FA cup. But I agree, in hindsight Wanyama would have been better. Dier was sloppy, which you can't be in a game like this.

Does anybody really expect anything else at Anfield. Year in Year out. Long way to go I know, but ffs we dont do anything easy do we?
when did we last win there ? how often do we win there ?

First thing we should do is tick all the boxes defensewise, instead it's a gift to their most dangerous player. I thought we played well overall, but this is a different game, it's not Wembley all over again.

We just have to keep probing, be patient, take out chances when they come - they will come, but we have to be very, very careful at the mid to back. We see them do it time, and time again against quality, attacking opposition, and they pay us proper respect and move the ball forward very fast.

Again, we cant play against their pressung game. We have been very poor. Pleased to get in only 1 down, but we need a tactical change of some description.

And why oh why do we insist on trying to play it out from the back?

Finally, we know Karius is brick - fudging shoot at him. Eventually he will drop it, spill it or miss it

There isn't a midfielder in the world who doesn't get caught on the ball every game.

Even Dembele got caught on the ball once or twice in his 90±% passing game against Utd
No Dier gives away a goal scoring chance every game from it, when others do it it’s not in the positions he gets caught. There isn’t another player that is such a liability in this way and if you try and defend it then You’re embarrassing yourself considering how you go for Sissoko over any little thing....

The fact that we are only 1 down after that awful showing is a bonus - we’re still in it. Something needs to change - I’ll trust to Poch as to what.

Dier...this isn’t just one mistake. He makes plenty of awful give aways in our half and has done it on multiple occasions this season. He’s just finally been punished. I love the guy, and am delighted we have him, but he does not function at Anfield against Klopp’s Liverpool because he isn’t good enough on the ball to beat their press. What I will say is after their goal, he didn’t hide and kept trying to be involved. People may say he is a professional and that should be the bare minimum, but many other players would hide after a mistake like that. The fact that he didn’t shows a good mentality.

It’s happened more than once though, his lack of concentration costing us at a top 6 ground this season, and we’ve been punished for his giveaway finally. Something needs to change there.

Pochettino has set us up to lose in this one. The goal against was not his fault, of course, but I don't understand why we're playing in this formation. We've never looked good in it as fas as I can recall. In fact we've had a couple of our worst matches in recent seasons playing in this diamond formation. Some times Pochetino tries to be too clever in big matches.

Also why do we insist on playing high risk passes out from the back when it gets us in trouble time after time? This isn't a training session, it's an absolutely vital match? We're playing right into their hands, just like we did against Emirates Marketing Project earlier in the season.

It's also a far too open match. Liverpool is at their best when it's open, but it's difficult to say if it was our plan to leave so much space in behind our defence, or if the early goal has forced us to do so.

On a positive note, it's definitely possible to score against them. A bit more precison and better decision making in the final third, and we'll get big chances.

Back