• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

Have not posted in here for a while, hope everyone is okay.

I am doing ok, gone vegan when at home and will now only eat meat when we go out to eat or have the odd curry. Seems a few sportsmen have gone vegan with good results. I am using the disgraced British cycling mantra of small marginal gains to try and keep my physical health top notch, I believe the is a clear link between physical and mental health. Take ice baths a couple of times a week after long cycle rides and am trying to sleep better as well.

So far so good, I still get some dark moods and times when I feel a bit sorry for myself and that is when I start going over mistakes I made as a younger man, it is difficult when it is in your head to get away from bad thoughts. I do this thing where when I think about how my brother who I did not speak to for the last 10 years of his life or how I was not on talking terms with my mother when she died either, if i think these things usually late at night I get up and read a book until I am so tired I can not keep my eyes open.

I know people think should confront all our feelings all the time, but sometimes I think it is easier to just keep your mind occupied. I also have the guitar out the loft and am determined after 30 years owning it to play at least one fudging song.

Side note of interest is that I now wear nail vanish, am not a tranny not really. But I like looking down and seeing bright colours, it brightens my mood and makes me smile. I have just been let back into my local after a 6 month ban for arguing about the correct way to spell Tanya and also the origin or termassu and the red and purple alternating nails got some comments, but it seems accepted wisdom that I am a bit of a weirdo and no more has been said about it.

Do what makes you happy guys and avoid what makes you unhappy.

I think you're my hero. Good going, mate. Keep on doing your thing, it sounds healthy and liberating. :)

500 calories burned on my treadmill and a good weights session. Feel good but tired, only let down is I have just wolfed down a triple Caesar wrap from Tesco which isn’t healthy at all by the calorie count but still, it’s a start. I also went Tuesday morning so if I go tomorrow that’ll be 3 times this week.

Weights and any kind of workout definitely makes you feel better. It’s the endorphins being released isn’t it?

Last edited:
Funny enough i have read that article before somewhere else.

Makes some good points.

I know what you mean. Is the author the geezer who was sacked because he plagiarised? I like his outlook on depression, but don't agree with everything. The human brain is so complex, there is never one isolated reason or solution.

I know what you mean. Is the author the geezer who was sacked because he plagiarised? I like his outlook on depression, but don't agree with everything. The human brain is so complex, there is never one isolated reason or solution.

Not sure if he got sacked or not.

The brain is so complex, whatever helps people is great. I now look at high achievers and wonder what is driving them.

Since getting a terminal illness I think more about my mistakes. I am lucky to have a wife who does councilling. But it has not helped me. I made mistakes when i was younger and i have to live with that but i cant accept the mistakes and move on so i just try to keep myself occupied.

My mother, my brother, my first wife. Was in hindsight to unforgiving and strick with them all. I learned and am better with wife number 2 and most important my son.

But i honestly think that to much thinking about the past is bad. So i am going to learn this fudging guitar, build my Japanese inspired garden. Still come on here to talk crap about spurs but my tip to everyone keep busy.

Not sure if he got sacked or not.

The brain is so complex, whatever helps people is great. I now look at high achievers and wonder what is driving them.

Since getting a terminal illness I think more about my mistakes. I am lucky to have a wife who does councilling. But it has not helped me. I made mistakes when i was younger and i have to live with that but i cant accept the mistakes and move on so i just try to keep myself occupied.

My mother, my brother, my first wife. Was in hindsight to unforgiving and strick with them all. I learned and am better with wife number 2 and most important my son.

But i honestly think that to much thinking about the past is bad. So i am going to learn this fudging guitar, build my Japanese inspired garden. Still come on here to talk crap about spurs but my tip to everyone keep busy.

No brooding! I'm sure you were many other things as well as strict, and maybe there were some merits to it too. So give yourself a break ffs :)

Last edited:
No brooding! I'm sure you were many other things as well as strict too, and maybe there are some merits to it too. So give yourself a break ffs :)

Yeah im a decent guy like most humans are good. I think in the past i was to quick to judge, my main point and probably goes against conventional advice, let the past be the past and keep busy.

That article sort of addressed that question I posed early on in this thread...are you clinically depressed if you have things to be depressed about?

On a vaguely related note... one of our suppliers at work, who ran his own business and was always very stressed and busy, working all hours, and was also quite unfit, died suddenly on the weekend, aged late 40s... so don't get TOO busy trying to work work work work work work

On a vaguely related note... one of our suppliers at work, who ran his own business and was always very stressed and busy, working all hours, and was also quite unfit, died suddenly on the weekend, aged late 40s... so don't get TOO busy trying to work work work work work work

I do 20 minutes of meditating a day. But i get your point health is s funny thing.

Back