• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who's Better?

veron23

Banned
Wind Up Merchant
Bit of fun for the supporters.
1 stop shop for:
1) Player comparisons
2) Players to watch out for
3) Order of best in a certain position

Feel free to enter your own "toughies"

ll start….

Eriksen or Ozil?
Lennon or Valencia?
Townsend or Sterling?

VDV or David Silva?

Falcao or Cavani?

what order would you put the following at their peak

Suarez, RVP, David Villa?

I think Ozil is still a better player than Eriksen and will prove so next season.
Valencia ahead of Lennon although don't think either of them are pulling up any trees.
Sterling way ahead of Townsend, at club level at least!

David Silva all day long.

I still think the two best comparisons for debate are Ronaldo v Messi and Bale v Suarez....I'd plump for Ronaldo and Bale...

Ozil - not by a great deal, more experienced
Valencia - not the best player in the world but Lennon is useless nowadays
Sterling - has grown into a very good player, still only 19

Silva - VDV a little more productive but Silva is silky smooth everywhere on the pitch

Cavani - think he has a tad more in his locker than Falcao

Suarez > Villa > RVP - not massively convinced by that but Suarez in his 13/14 form is better than either of those have ever been I think. Villa beats out RVP by virtue of being part of the greatest team ever(imo), is/was a little more dynamic and versatile too.

Last edited:
who would you place in order? assuming all at peak.
VDV, Eriksen, Sneidjer, David Silva, Mata, Ozil?

Who's better?
Adebayor or Rooney. Assuming they are on their day and unplayable.

Ille Dumitrescu or Rui Costa?

Sneijder
Silva
Ozil
Mata
VDV
Eriksen

Again, it's pretty difficult to rank them, Eriksen's still a baby in comparitve terms. Sneijder's been the main cog of a team that won the treble, has played in a world cup final etc. Silva, Ozil, Mata all have differeing attributes but in terms of pure footballing ability I think Silva edges it, Mata the most productive in the final third though. As much as I loved VDV, I think he was a shade below them but it's hard to say, for where we were and what we needed he was probably the most suited fo those four but what goes against him is he got his move to a massive club and didn't cut it for whatever reason.

Rooney's better.

I didn't see enough of the last two.

Ozil - not by a great deal, more experienced
Valencia - not the best player in the world but Lennon is useless nowadays
Sterling - has grown into a very good player, still only 19

Silva - VDV a little more productive but Silva is silky smooth everywhere on the pitch

Cavani - think he has a tad more in his locker than Falcao

Suarez > Villa > RVP - not massively convinced by that but Suarez in his 13/14 form is better than either of those have ever been I think. Villa beats out RVP by virtue of being part of the greatest team ever(imo), is/was a little more dynamic and versatile too.

Hmm tend to agree, if RVP didn't have injury problems however….

As for Ronaldo vs Messi. Personally I don't think Ronaldo is even in the same stratosphere as Messi, no one is, although I think he may be slowing down a little(or perhaps pacing himself for the WC). Ronaldo scores a ridiculous amount of goals because he takes a ridiculous amount of shots. Messi scores just as many but is far more efficient and is better at pretty much every part of the game in comparison, his talent is more nature than nurture, credit to Ronaldo for maximising his ability though.

As for Ronaldo vs Messi. Personally I don't think Ronaldo is even in the same stratosphere as Messi, no one is, although I think he may be slowing down a little(or perhaps pacing himself for the WC). Ronaldo scores a ridiculous amount of goals because he takes a ridiculous amount of shots. Messi scores just as many but is far more efficient and is better at pretty much every part of the game in comparison, his talent is more nature than nurture, credit to Ronaldo for maximising his ability though.

I plumped for Ronaldo because he can score any type of goal. Messi is pretty much the same type of goal (not trying to understate how good those goals are, Im a massive fan) but Ronaldo can score long range, dribbling past five players with a trick or just pure pace/power, and also with his head...he is so good in the air. But fair point regarding the amount of shots he has...

Sneijder
Silva
Ozil
Mata
VDV
Eriksen

Again, it's pretty difficult to rank them, Eriksen's still a baby in comparitve terms. Sneijder's been the main cog of a team that won the treble, has played in a world cup final etc. Silva, Ozil, Mata all have differeing attributes but in terms of pure footballing ability I think Silva edges it, Mata the most productive in the final third though. As much as I loved VDV, I think he was a shade below them but it's hard to say, for where we were and what we needed he was probably the most suited fo those four but what goes against him is he got his move to a massive club and didn't cut it for whatever reason.

Rooney's better.

I didn't see enough of the last two.

VDV goals per game at Madrid was very good. He just wasn't a Galactico by name and was overlooked. They never should have sold him or Sneidjer.
My order would be Sneidjer, Silva, VDV, Ozil, Mata then Eriksen.

Eriksen however being 2 footed, pacey and the youngest will eventually supersede Mata for sure. He can hurt teams from anywhere on the pitch which makes him better than Mata in my opinion

Eriksen or Ozil? Ozil - far, far too soon to suggest otherwise. Ozil is a proven player at the World Cup, Champions League and La Liga where he has put in world class performances regularly. Erik sen sen sen is talented, but has a lot to prove. He's still inconsistent, which should hopefully improve with age, but whether he's here when it does is up for debate.
Lennon or Valencia? Lennon - both were much better players two years ago, little between them now. Both are probably more useful for their defensive work than offensive ability nowadays heh. Will plump for Lennon cos he's ours.
Townsend or Sterling? Sterling - one has been one of the top players in the league, the other had two good international appearances then believed his own hype. I'll let you work out which is which *clue - my answer should help*

VDV or David Silva? Silva - VDV is my second fave ever Spurs player behind Klinsmann but Silva is a better player (just not as likeable :p)

Falcao or Cavani? Falcao - I think Cavani is wildly overrated, whereas Falcao is one of the top five strikers on the planet.

what order would you put the following at their peak

Suarez, RVP, David Villa? Suarez then Villa then RVP - it's incredibly tough as all were/are world class and will go down as greats of the game. Suarez is having an Henry-esque season ATM though, and offers more all round than RVP did for the goons. Villa was world class, such a shame he didn't join us.

who would you place in order? assuming all at peak.
Sneijder then Silva then Ozil then VDV then Mata then Eriksen

Who's better?
Adebayor or Rooney. Assuming they are on their day and unplayable. Adebayor, but he only picks his day four or five times a season.

Ille Dumitrescu or Rui Costa? Rui Costa

Hoddle or Le Tissier??? HODDLE!!! - both were brilliant in their day, but Glenn played for us so wins :p

Back