• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Which academy players can step up this season?

I don't know anything about the academy players really. But two young players who I think will get some game time this season (and I don't just mean a token final 5 minutes of a game off the bench) are Phillips and Veliz. Ange has mentioned many times his willingness to play youth and CB and CF are two areas we are slightly light and I believe part of the reason for that is Ange has faith in these 2 to be bedded in this season and make the step up....

I am interested in that Spanish kid to see if he can make it. Also Nile John could have another chance.
Santiago? John isn't it... try Donley, Soonsup-Bell, then Lankshear, Dorrington, eventually Moore, loads of talent behind Scarlett et al, they just need a loan.

At the moment that's doubtful, he's not a regular starter, so far this season Donley, Dorrington and Santiago are the standout players. Santiago has had success as a wide player and would be behind Soloman.
I know nothing about Santiago but I watched a Tottenham goal of the month on YouTube yesterday, and three of the goals were from Santiago - looks to be technically very good, granted only seen these specific goals but if anything to go by he looks a good prospect....

None due to not having any cup games. Plus having about 39 senior players on the books.

Devine and Scarlett are the closest too, but both are on loan for the season

Last edited:
(Ignoring Phillips who I think was brought in for the first team squad and also the players already out on loan) I’d say that Santiago is probably the closest. He has really improved in the last 12 months or so. He has great close control, can play the game at pace, has good vision and awareness and is also a very good finisher.

(Ignoring Phillips who I think was brought in for the first team squad and also the players already out on loan) I’d say that Santiago is probably the closest. He has really improved in the last 12 months or so. He has great close control, can play the game at pace, has good vision and awareness and is also a very good finisher.

I think he has something. He is going the right way to get a chance of a few minutes and shoving on a new forward is a relatively low risk venture.

Moving him wide has helped him greatly, he likes to run at players and didn't have much joy as a target man. Lankshear is a target man and he'll get lots of goals in this u21 team.

Not watched a great deal of the young lads but what I've seen of Santiago has been impressive.
All the attributes you mention, needs to work a bit harder but reminds me of Eden Hazard in his play. Hopefully he'll get some minutes later in the season.

Back