• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What was our best moment of this season ?

What was our best moment of this season ?

• Our brilliant away form

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reaching Europa League quarter finals

• Others

• Total voters
The Bale winner at West Ham and subsequent celebrations with the whole team and coaching staff. Epic. Absolutely fudging epic.

I think that edges it out the Old Trafford win for me. Largely because watching the second half in that match was constant nervousness, so much that when the final whistle went I couldn't fully enjoy it because I was so far down on the edge of my seat. The West Ham win though, the emotion went from 'we deserve more than a point but I guess we'll take it' to 'OMFG!!! OF COURSE WE WEREN'T GOING TO LIE DOWN AND TAKE A POINT!! THAT WAS fudging AWESOME!!!!' so from dull meaninglessness to those kind of celebrations was just great.

That video above was fantastic too. Once again makes me proud of our season. I'd started to feel a bit more annoyed about not finally getting above Arsenal (thinking to myself, why not at least once...please!?) but that has just summed up what being a Spurs fan is, and why I love it. It's the tantalising flirt with glory, doing things in the right way and if we are to fall short, we've given it a fudging good go. We will ALWAYS come back, no matter what. We can lose Bale, AVB, Levy, but you can't take away what being a fan of this club means and the tradition that comes with it. This season in a lot of ways felt like a perfect metaphor of the club overall. To be honest I wouldn't change a thing. When we do finally make it and stay there it is going to be so, so sweet.

Both matches with Man Utd are up there . In some ways the home game was just as pleasing because I felt we totally deserved our point and getting our equaliser in Fergie injury time was sweet.

What about Ade's goal against Inter away when we are absolutely down and out and then suddenly it was virtually impossible for Inter to win. I leapt a foot in the air!!

There are many more memorable moments we could include in this poll :
Away win over WestHam with the last min wonder goal by Bale,
Bale's last minute freekick goal against Lyon at home
Dembele's last minute goal against Lyon away
Brilliant home win over Inter Milan,
Adebayor's extra time goal against InterMilan

But unfortunately the poll is only limited to 10 options. Don't know why poll options are limited now. IIRC, there were no limitations to polls before.

That was a great match, we looked soooooo much quicker than Inter. It really should have been more than 3-0.

Man U win away was ghe highlight for me. Remember the weekend we lasty beat them there with Lineker's curler from distance.
Ridiculous that in those days we'd win away at Chelski too..did not think it would take so long to see that again. Even Everton have won at our place since then (and they NEVER used to do that..)

Great performance v Inter and I think we were good at home to Man U, we dominated the game and were unlucky not to win.

Those are two examples off the top of my head of good performances.

Aston Villa away. A game many people seem to forget when saying "we haven't battered a team this season" or "we haven't performed well for 90 minutes against teams".. we RIPPED them apart, we dominated possession the best we have all season, Bale got a hattrick and that was the start of Bale.

It was a great performance, you don't win away to a team like Man U without grinding out periods of supreme pressure!

Exactly. I think we played really well up until the second goal by ManU. If they had not scored immediately after we scored our third goal, we could have continued to attack them and thrash them. Instead, their second goal panicked us as we have lost to ManU from many winning positions before. It was very nervous after that but we did well to defend. Felt like we had just won a Cup when the match finished. Too bad we couldn't repeat that at home despite outplaying them. After beating ManU, really thought we will go on to do well this season, winning atleast 1 Cup. Too bad we couldn't do that.

Was worth it for this:

avb-man-u-celebration.gif

I think we were all like that when the full time whistle blew.

Suprised I'm only the 2nd person to vote for the Arsenal win!

The win against United was fantastic, especially when it's the first time I've ever seen us beat United in my 19 years of living, but a win against the scum will always take it if we get it.

Back