• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

?ú26k a year benefit cap.......

As i have spoke on here before about a friend who had been totally made home bound by his illness due to canabis use [smoked only a few joints] I found out that he gets 92 quid a week... he has a totally legit reason to be on social.. doesnt have any luxurys.. doesnt smoke or drink obviously. The guy gets ?ú4784 a fudging year. Makes my blood boil when I read brick like the story in the OP. Giving my friend double would maybe sort him and maybe get his life back.. enable him to buy new clothes etc. He gets that paltry amount because of spongers and he lives at home.

Spot on mate. That's the point. No one is arguing the people shouldn't get welfare. We are arguing that it should pay to work of you re fit and able, and those who really need support should get more instead of human cow dung like Raymond having children he can't afford to feed and the state rewarding his actions.

But the booze, cigarettes, and Sky TV are off-limits!

Is this guy too good to do menial work to help pay the bills? He's been jobless for over a decade, if all the work has dried up in his "field of expertise", that to me would be a wake-up call to find ANOTHER field of expertise.

Not only that, the demand for software writers dried up 10 years ago? Or are we supposed to believe that he is incredibly unique and can only work in educational software?

fudge me, I could name you a dozen websites he could sign up as a remote freelancer on right now!

Not only that, the demand for software writers dried up 10 years ago? Or are we supposed to believe that he is incredibly unique and can only work in educational software?

fudge me, I could name you a dozen websites he could sign up as a remote freelancer on right now!

only just noticed what he "did for a living" - really angry now.

i thought he was in some kind of manual area that relies on phyisical resources for work (mining etc), but he works in bloody IT!
If he was any good at his job he will at the very least have enough of a transferable skill set to enter a differenct area and develop within a company (or as said above work freelance remotely).

Of course, he could just be a lazy cnut

As i have spoke on here before about a friend who had been totally made home bound by his illness due to canabis use [smoked only a few joints] I found out that he gets 92 quid a week... he has a totally legit reason to be on social.. doesnt have any luxurys.. doesnt smoke or drink obviously. The guy gets ?ú4784 a fudging year. Makes my blood boil when I read brick like the story in the OP. Giving my friend double would maybe sort him and maybe get his life back.. enable him to buy new clothes etc. He gets that paltry amount because of spongers and he lives at home.

I know dozens, if not, hundreds of people that have smoked thousands of joints, with no damage done.

What is his condition called?

I know dozens, if not, hundreds of people that have smoked thousands of joints, with no damage done.

What is his condition called?

Not sure tbh... I think he isn't Schizo, but suffers terribly from paranoia and heavily depressed. You can count the number of times he has gone through his front door the past 10+ years on two hands...

I cannot help but think, that he without doubt is stuck in a rutt. Its quite upsetting talking about him really.

That aint canabis.

He already had the condition. At worst a spliff could make the situation worse temporarily

Purely from a causation does not imply correlation standpoint, I would also agree with Leeds and say that there could be any number of other conditions that might have been dormant or coincidentally triggered. I mean, I've had some bad trips while on the reefer, but a bad trip is something that I invent myself in my own head, and it generally doesn't last very long. In the case of smoking bud, it's usually tied down to extreme paranoia and that the world is out to get me. That and a severe case of dry mouth and the munchies. I've heard of other, more intense hallucinogenics like LSD or acid triggering some psycho-pathological condition.

That aint canabis.

He already had the condition. At worst a spliff could make the situation worse temporarily

Thats not what all the doctors have said.

The guy was a happy go lucky individual, would do anything for anyone, always the leader in orgainising lads weekends away, pulled birds whenever he wanted. Had a great job... then BAM.

Something to do with his electrics or something. The cannabis triggered something in the brain.

Thats not what all the doctors have said.

The guy was a happy go lucky individual, would do anything for anyone, always the leader in orgainising lads weekends away, pulled birds whenever he wanted. Had a great job... then BAM.

Something to do with his electrics or something. The cannabis triggered something in the brain.

are we not getting (unfairly IMHO) a little off topic here by playing web-doctor?

the bottom line is Superhudd's friend has been diagnosed by a medical proffesional (as per correct due process) and Superhudd has highlighted is disparity in the benefits system (which is the topic of this thread, no?)

anyone read this really good article on BBC - about living on benefits? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16812185

So, the names are changed but it's picked someone who lives on benefits. i read the article. tinkled me right fudging off. ridiculous.

Unemployed for 10 years because his professional area dried up, well, do what thousands others do and retrain? has Sky Movies, wife smokes, buys 24 cans of lager a week and goes pub on fridays.

Good to know my huge tax goes to funding this, ridiculous.

sooner they get that cap on, the better. fudgein abuse is what it is.

Back