• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Trivia question

90sSpursBook

Erik Edman
Not seen a daily trivia post for a while so if I get around to it will try and find a new trivia question for you on a daily basis.

So, for today:

1. Who scored our last goal of the old Division 1 and first goal of the Premier League?

2. Name the 3 people to have taken 'Caretaker' charge of THFC for a single game during the PL era?

Last edited:
I think Lineker scored our last Division 1 goal? Not sure about 1st Premiership, I know that it wasn't Sheringham, as he arrived later on in the season.

As for the other question...Pleat, Shreeves, Livermore? Does Sherwood count? As he was caretaker before being appointed permanent manager.

Not seen a daily trivia post for a while so if I get around to it will try and find a new trivia question for you on a daily basis.

So, for today:

1. Who scored our last goal of the old Division 1 and first goal of the Premier League?

2. Name the 3 people to have taken 'Caretaker' charge of THFC for a single game or more during the PL era?

Apologies second question should say 'for a single game only' - thus ruling out Pleat and Sherwood

Was it David Howells who got our first Premier League goal.

On q2, who was Gooner Graham's bum buddy. He had one game before Hoddle took the reins.

Steve Perryman for one of the caretakers.

But for me all of Hughton, Pleat and Allen/Inglethorpe did it for more than 1 match (Allen/Inglethorpe did two separate spells and Pleat did 3/4 of a season in one of his three spells). Trevor Hartley was before the EPL era. So basically no idea on the other two.

This one will be a specific Spurs trivia question:

The answers to yesterday's questions are:

1. Gary Lineker scored our last goal of the 1991/2 season (and thus the 1st Division) in a 3-1 defeat at Manchester Utd. Our first goal of the PL era was scored in our 3rd game of the 1992/3 season (having drawn 0-0 at So'ton and lost 0-2 v Coventry) and was scored by Gordon Durie in an eventful 2-2 draw at White Hart Lane.

2. Our one game Caretaker Manager's have been:
Steve Perryman (Nov 94 - lost 0-2 at Blackburn R) following Ossie Ardiles' sacking and before Gerry Francis was appointed.
Chris Hughton (Nov '97 - lost 0-1 v Crystal Palace) following departure of Gerry Francis and arrival of Christian Gross
Clive Allen (Oct '07 - lost 1-2 v Blackburn) following Martin Jol sacking and Juande Ramos arrival

Our other caretaker managers have been:

David Pleat (between Gross sacking and Graham appointment Sept '98 - Oct '98, and between Graham sacking - Hoddle appointment March '01, and from Hoddle sacking - Santini appointment Sept '03 - May '04)
Martin Jol was caretaker manager for 2 games (Charlton, Burnley) in Nov '04 before being the job on a permanent basis and same for Tim Sherwood in Dec '13 who was caretaker manager for the games against West Ham and Southampton.

Today's question on the way.....

Out of interest who was manager after Ramos was sacked? Remember news broke he was sacked on a Saturday night and we won the following day but pretty sure redknapp was present in the ground but not manager? Was it Allen again?

Out of interest who was manager after Ramos was sacked? Remember news broke he was sacked on a Saturday night and we won the following day but pretty sure redknapp was present in the ground but not manager? Was it Allen again?

Whilst Redknapp wasn't "officially" manager, he still managed the team iirc.

I think Redknapp watched from the stands but he picked the team and did a pre-match team talk. Didn't make any subs or anything like that though.

Officially it was Allen and Inglethorpe.

Back