• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Today at the lane

Same with the manager. 4 years on and we aren't a better team.

You are kidding. We are miles better. Our squad is brilliant and for 3/4 of the season we have been one of the best teams both in performance and results. The only thing we don't have is the bottle when it counts, but that only comes through experience in these situations. We haven't been in this position in a long time, it's new for most and so rather than throwing the toys out of the pram, we should try to learn from and build on the successes and failures of this season (I say we as fans and players because it seems we all got way too ahead of ourselves in February).

I think that if we can beat Chelsea, it will give the players and the fans a massive lift and could actually get our league form back on track.

Thats what i'm hoping for. A big performance on Sunday, beating Chelsea, a bit of confidence instilled back in everyone involved with the club and then a strong finish in the league off the back off this.

Given how things have gone recently im not confident though.

I am so glad that someone had the guts to start this thread, because the lack of atmosphere at yesterday's game was, for me as disappointing as the result (and I would have started this thread, had it not been).

What has happened to all of the die-hards who stayed to end of the 1-4 defeat by Le Arse in the CC a few years ago?

Call me na?»ve, or old fashioned, but I thought a decently supported team was supposed to get behind the team when it was losing? Irrespective of the amount of money the players get, I am sure that they do respond to the encouragement that we can provide.

I was sat in Block 35 yesterday and as we took a corner (at the Paxton Road end), when we were 1-2 down, I tried to get a chant going. When only 5 people around me responded, I decided that I was wasting my time and stopped.

If we want to define irony, I was reminded of that famous clip of Delia Smith (@ Norwich) a few seasons ago, when she strode onto the pitch a cried "lets be 'aving you"!

If this is indicative of what we can expect this weekend at Wembley, then GHod help us.

I am so glad that someone had the guts to start this thread, because the lack of atmosphere at yesterday's game was, for me as disappointing as the result (and I would have started this thread, had it not been).

What has happened to all of the die-hards who stayed to end of the 1-4 defeat by Le Arse in the CC a few years ago?

Call me na?»ve, or old fashioned, but I thought a decently supported team was supposed to get behind the team when it was losing? Irrespective of the amount of money the players get, I am sure that they do respond to the encouragement that we can provide.

I was sat in Block 35 yesterday and as we took a corner (at the Paxton Road end), when we were 1-2 down, I tried to get a chant going. When only 5 people around me responded, I decided that I was wasting my time and stopped.

If we want to define irony, I was reminded of that famous clip of Delia Smith (@ Norwich) a few seasons ago, when she strode onto the pitch a cried "lets be 'aving you"!

If this is indicative of what we can expect this weekend at Wembley, then GHod help us.

It's symptomatic of public indifference at recent results.

Complete self-fulfilling prophecy though; if you display ambivalence, then you're hardly inspiring those before you to better things. Indeed, it's self-defeating, as that fear, nervousness and anxiety propagates down from the stands and into the mentality of the players.

Personally, whenever I'm at the Lane - I cheer and encourage as much as I can, see little point actually being there and paying for the privilege otherwise. I consider myself to be a 'supporter' so, therein, I'm there to support - not to further unsettle already fragile confidence.

Others are different though. Some around me seem in their element whenever they have something to moan about; only piping up whenever a pass is mislaid, a cross drifts too long, a chance hit wide. That's their moment, that's when they come alive. And they actually pay to sit there, waiting for such moments. Dunno - not my bag of fun, but each to their own.

As much as I hate to say it, Spurs fans are up there with the worst in terms of being quiet when the going gets tough. When you look at fans like Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Villa, who never stop singing even when they're getting battered, I feel pretty embarrassed.

Personally I enjoy a good sing song when we're crap. When the team is bad, enjoying the atmosphere is the only thing worthwhile about being at a football match. If we're playing well I prefer marvelling at the likes of Modric and Bale playing at their best. Our away fans are always decent at singing whatever the result, but WHL has become a bit embarrassing lately.

The better/more successful the team is the worse the atmosphere is. Sevilla in the wafer cup > CL games.

Perhaps we've been too busy congratulating ourselves as being amongst the best fans in the league that we've forgotten to actually sing.

The atmosphere has been getting worse for a number of years now. We used to be up for it every game no matter who we were playing, nowadays, even the North London Derbies ain't as loud as they used to be.

The better/more successful the team is the worse the atmosphere is. Sevilla in the wafer cup > CL games.

This. Totally this. I was in an ST block (32) and fudge me they never stopped moaning. I tried to join in all the chants as they got going but very few others could be arsed. Absolutely woeful.

Our support is turning into that of the other Sky teams.
IF we get CL again next season it will only deteriorate further.

Truth
Its been brick at WHL for a long time now.Even away from home its not great.The atmosphere at Sunderland was shocking-even though we had great numbers

Back