• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This striker that we are looking for thats going to solve all our problems

A top tier striker can compensate for a lot of other shortcomings,

Perfect example was United last year, they could have invested in 3 or 4 areas as the side has quite a few obvious weaknesses, they chose instead to go with a top tier striker who if given two chances would put away 1 most games, it didn't make them a side capable of beating Europe's best, but a side that smacked the crap out of most lower level PL teams, which in turned helped them walk the title.

People can complain about us creativity, but I actually think that is a myth that was created with Modric's departure. With Modric in the side, we still struggled to break down sides that sat with 11 men behind the ball, and I'm sure statistically we don't create that much less, or have that fewer attempts.

Between JD/Ade alone last year, we must have failed to convert 20+ easy/clear cut (all strikers miss some) opportunities, to believe there wasn't enough points in there to make the difference between 5th and 4th? ...

pretty sure we had berbatov's creativity in there somewhere.

where was steed malbranque anyway? i thought teemu was a sick note...and didnt we have huddlestone playing one of his better years then?

nt sure if it was a jam packed season of teemu, zokora, a goal scoring jenas and lennon to be honest. and like i said...have we got berbatovs creativity anywhere in this team and also in the strikers we have been linked to?

what was the squad that year anyway?

also uts funny you mention lennon being static when in fact his movement is fine IMo and its the timely delivery thats the issue. not to mention a bad relationship with kyle walker

Re-read my post - Berba is in there!

Lennon's positioning and off the ball movement is poor IMO. He stands next to his defender, never makes runs in behind for defence splitting passes (with the notable exception of Arsenal) hardly ever gets on the end of Bales crosses and nowadays rarely takes on his man on the outside. As you say, his relationship with Walker is non-existant - odd, considering the both have pace and a ball into space should be easy if the both made decent runs, which they don't . Hopefully Chadli will be half the answer, but we still need a top striker.

the problem with a top tier striker is that they are very expensive, and you consider that you pay double or triple over someone like defoe but only get 50% more goals... and no certainty of champions league (its always a gamble), the odds are stacked against a club like THFC. Levy is doing the right thing - stadium first, commercial deals, then top tier striker.

i think not many people realise that even so, this is a defining period for us, and also a vulnerable period where everything could go wrong!

A top tier striker can compensate for a lot of other shortcomings,

Perfect example was United last year, they could have invested in 3 or 4 areas as the side has quite a few obvious weaknesses, they chose instead to go with a top tier striker who if given two chances would put away 1 most games, it didn't make them a side capable of beating Europe's best, but a side that smacked the crap out of most lower level PL teams, which in turned helped them walk the title.

People can complain about us creativity, but I actually think that is a myth that was created with Modric's departure. With Modric in the side, we still struggled to break down sides that sat with 11 men behind the ball, and I'm sure statistically we don't create that much less, or have that fewer attempts.

Between JD/Ade alone last year, we must have failed to convert 20+ easy/clear cut (all strikers miss some) opportunities, to believe there wasn't enough points in there to make the difference between 5th and 4th? ...

the problem i have with your united example is the fact you used united in the first place, who dont have a problem with approach...they are pretty incisive and decisive when attacking. with our with RvP , they would still be potent going forward, they always are every year....even when they play wellbeck or hernandez or whoever

its is true about modric and us still struggling to break down sides, but i put that down to Harry's style more than anything else. he was an old school manager....pass around and then get it into the wing...what compiled on top of that was that on average we would only have one player in crouch in the box and one player as a trailer in VDV...not enough if you were going to play wingers and crosses IMV

thats a good point that between JD and Ade we must have missed X amount of clear cut chances BUT between the two of them we must have scored Y chances that most strikers wont be able to score due to the sheer talent both have. this isnt to say that good strikers dont miss sitters to, they do , just that i see more of a balance in that defoe scores goals most strikers cant, he misses some good chances granted but not that many if i am honest...especially last season....infact i think last season defoe was pretty lethal in front of goal.....but if he wasnt on the balance of goals scored and type vs a strikers standard goal...i think defoe would at least match the tally of the striker that just feeds on supply

Re-read my post - Berba is in there!

Lennon's positioning and off the ball movement is poor IMO. He stands next to his defender, never makes runs in behind for defence splitting passes (with the notable exception of Arsenal) hardly ever gets on the end of Bales crosses and nowadays rarely takes on his man on the outside. As you say, his relationship with Walker is non-existant - odd, considering the both have pace and a ball into space should be easy if the both made decent runs, which they don't . Hopefully Chadli will be half the answer, but we still need a top striker.

yes berbatov is there but he actually provided the sort of vision, touch, awareness and creativity that i am talking about that we actually need. People are talking about a striker just for getting goals or getting on the end of things. thats not what we need...or at least those qualities are not what we need alone. The quality of the chances need to improve. actually berbatov missed a brick load of goals as well that year

hmm, clearly the root of our disagreement on lennon goes much deeper.

i see lennon as the player making constant runs but not being given the ball because the player with the ball is incapable. so he would have to come short for it more often or wait for the nearest player to give the easy pass

I actually disagree quite strongly with the lennon assessment and i dont know why but i thought you in particular would be able to see more with lennon, maybe its because you've been here longer than most that i thought that LOL..makes no sense i know. either way i am surprised to here you say these things about lennon, but we all have a right to our opinions.

chadli looks to have decent movement, the kind of movement that actually makes a team approach BETTER, which actually helps with the strikers problem. you never know, but with chadli here...you might see more from our strikers as it stands now

Last edited:
Maybe the plot is to transform Sandro into a 25 goal a season striker? It is clearly the perfect ace up Levy's sleeve at negotiation time. Pay another million? bah! I will do without your striker thank you very much, I have a cunning plan....

Relax..djp 82 just posted

Re: The Blue & Yellow ITK Bonanza Thread

@SamuelRhodes_: "Loiïc Rémy will be joining #THFC on a 5 year deal.” #COYS

Hope not would think see end of our interest in soldado .

Levy gone the cheap route ?
If true of course

Back