• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The owners - where do you sit?

Are Spurs in the right hands?

• Yes

Votes: 71 91.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.0%

• Total voters
Team sport different to individual, but even then there is context, is there a single F1 fan who thinks Checo is a top 3 driver in the world? as long as he races the current dominant RB car, he will be statistically. There are lots of lists of worst players to ever win CL/PL.

Do you genuinely believe Kane is not the best #9 in the world because his team didn't win a trophy? not sure if serious here?

If you want to have a conversation about Spurs trophies, there are 11 times we have been within 180 minutes of winning
- There are 5 runner up results
- There are 6 semi-final results

Might actually be an interesting analysis, a 12 -1 conversion rate from SF or better is pretty brick, is that club? manager? opposition?

Kane is definitely one of the best strikers in the world. however, I can see why people make the case that lewandowski is the best given that he’s won everything there is to win at club level. And Kane’s record in finals for both England and Spurs isn’t great. I often said I would rather have Drogba to win me the match in a final than Thierry Henry who never scored in a final or a semi final in his career.

Reading my posts back, I can see how they can interpreted that I am trying to downplay our success relatively speaking in terms of league finishes and reaching cup finals. We did brilliantly to finish above teams with higher budgets than us and when people mock us for not winning anything, they’re only telling half of the story to fit the narrative. Sport is often very fine margins. Teams that have won trebles and doubles could have quite easily won nothing, I’m thinking of United in 99 and Liverpool in 2022 when they won two cup finals on pens. They could have easily lost them both, but conversely they were only minutes away from winning the league as well and got to the CL final.

I’ve always judged athletes and teams success on many things, but ultimately silverware is the best currency of success.

They’re not the only measurement but they’re a factor and they can’t be dismissed or marginalised just because we have a poor record of picking up silverware during Levy’s time.

They are marginalised though. Even by fans. It's why tickets to watch a cl game cost more than for an fa cup game.

Getting a cl place this season is more important to spurs than winning the fa cup.

It's sad but it is the reality. Players feel the same.

They are marginalised though. Even by fans. It's why tickets to watch a cl game cost more than for an fa cup game.

Getting a cl place this season is more important to spurs than winning the fa cup.

It's sad but it is the reality. Players feel the same.

We should be aiming to do both. The top coaches and clubs want to win every tournament they enter whereas we look down our nose at the Europa League for example

We should be aiming to do both. The top coaches and clubs want to win every tournament they enter whereas we look down our nose at the Europa League for example

We should aim to win everything. But the priorities will be.

1/ win the cl
2/ win the prem.
3/ win the europa (because it gets you cl).
4/ get top 4.
5/ win the fa cup.
6/ win the league cup.

Not putting conference or relegation in there.

We got number 4 numerous times the last decade and came close to 1 and 2. It's why we are considered one of the big 6 and teams like leicester aren't.

Back