• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Libertines British Summer Time Hyde Park

RomanzoCriminale

David Bentley
The Good

Absolutely amazing, it feels like this time they're back and the good ship albion is about to set sail once more....... can't wait for new music (or old finally recorded)

Every now and again a band comes a along that becomes part of British culture and you can feel the love and hope people have for them when you go see them. Blur, The Stone Roses, The Jam etc.... You could feel it yesterday and you could sense Carl really wants it, Pete really needs it...... will he stay off the smack though?

The Bad

Why do a certain few always try and spoil it though, always a scummy chavvy element that get **** faced then look to start trouble. Had the misfortune of walking past one of the support stages while the Really bad "The Twang" were about to start...... Couldn't move for Stone Island and **** heads trying to start trouble..... pathetic. Then when the Libertines came on they forced a crush trying to get over the barriers into the VIP front area, if you wanted to be in there why didn't you pay extra you cheap muppets.

The Ugly

Shane Magowan - emabarrassment, could hardly stand up and mumbled through half the Pogues set. Why is this guy seen as some kind of untouchable folk hero, so he sang a pretty decent christmas song and he's famous for being on a few grainy black and white Clash and Jam pics/videos during punk. The guys a waster

The Pogues - err nearly every song sounds the same and they all sound like Irish shindigs or whatever you call it, is that Rock and Roll ? not to me

The bouncer who rugby tackled / grabbed me in a bear hug and wouldn't let go after id got my girlfriend and daughter out of the crush over the fence. You ****ing muppet, couldn't you see your co-workers helped me over the railing, couldn't you hear them telling you to get off.... thick ****

Anyone else go, the sound was awesome and cheers to the guy that gave me a beer near the end, top man! =D>

The Good

Absolutely amazing, it feels like this time they're back and the good ship albion is about to set sail once more....... can't wait for new music (or old finally recorded)

Every now and again a band comes a along that becomes part of British culture and you can feel the love and hope people have for them when you go see them. Blur, The Stone Roses, The Jam etc.... You could feel it yesterday and you could sense Carl really wants it, Pete really needs it...... will he stay off the smack though?

The Bad

Why do a certain few always try and spoil it though, always a scummy chavvy element that get **** faced then look to start trouble. Had the misfortune of walking past one of the support stages while the Really bad "The Twang" were about to start...... Couldn't move for Stone Island and **** heads trying to start trouble..... pathetic. Then when the Libertines came on they forced a crush trying to get over the barriers into the VIP front area, if you wanted to be in there why didn't you pay extra you cheap muppets.

The Ugly

Shane Magowan - emabarrassment, could hardly stand up and mumbled through half the Pogues set. Why is this guy seen as some kind of untouchable folk hero, so he sang a pretty decent christmas song and he's famous for being on a few grainy black and white Clash and Jam pics/videos during punk. The guys a waster

The Pogues - err nearly every song sounds the same and they all sound like Irish shindigs or whatever you call it, is that Rock and Roll ? not to me

The bouncer who rugby tackled / grabbed me in a bear hug and wouldn't let go after id got my girlfriend and daughter out of the crush over the fence. You ****ing muppet, couldn't you see your co-workers helped me over the railing, couldn't you hear them telling you to get off.... thick ****

Anyone else go, the sound was awesome and cheers to the guy that gave me a beer near the end, top man! =D>

Probably not spent a day sober in the last 40 years.

Back