• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

When was the last time they were in for the same player as the top 3? And for that matter when was the last time the top 3 were in for the same player as eachother? It rarely happens so not much of a point to be argued for either way, it might suit your Wenger is a hero working on a restricted budget agenda but the facts are they are shopping in the same bracket as the rest of the top 4 - the 30m/40m+ plus proven talent on 150k+ per week wages bracket that the rest of us are nowhere near competing in.

falcao, schneiderlin, dzeko, david silva, juan mata, yaya, sterling thats just off the top of my head. then theres a list of players that arsenal didnt even dream of getting when they moved to one of the top 3; aguero, shevchenko, torres etc. following that, arsenal have never got a key player from one of the top 3, but have lost absolutely vital players to each of the top 3 clubs; rvp, ade, nasri, cole etc.

if you want to set the line at 150k wages, why not just set it at 100k and put the likes of us and liverpool in the same bracket as the top 3.

falcao, schneiderlin, dzeko, david silva, juan mata, yaya, sterling thats just off the top of my head. then theres a list of players that Ar5ena1 didnt even dream of getting when they moved to one of the top 3; aguero, shevchenko, torres etc. following that, Ar5ena1 have never got a key player from one of the top 3, but have lost absolutely vital players to each of the top 3 clubs; rvp, ade, nasri, cole etc.

if you want to set the line at 150k wages, why not just set it at 100k and put the likes of us and liverpool in the same bracket as the top 3.

You seem to have good knowledge of Arsenals transfer interests for a Spurs fan - I don't recall them being in for those players, in fact from what I heard Schneiderlin was waiting for Arsenal to make a move but Wenger didn't want to scupper the progress of Coquelin.

Those players left whilst Arsenal were paying off the stadium and was when there was actually a top 3 a gap then Arsenal then another gap then the rest, that's no longer the case - they've matched Chelsea for net spend the past couple of seasons and are close to them on wages too

Why cap it at 150k? Because it's out of our reach and generally what the top 4 pay first teamers (being able to pay players like Walcott 140k for example when's he's not even a guaranteed starter - that's 40k more than what Adebayor, our biggest earner, is on!)

You're in a bit of a pickle the way I see it Neymar - you've played up Wengers achievement in finishing above Spurs every season for so long now that when it's pointed Arsenal are actually closer to Chelsea, financially, than Spurs ever were to Arsenal during those years you don't know which road to take...Oh but 30m difference between CFC and AFC is actually way bigger than the 66m gap between AFC and THFC - give me a break ffs

Last edited:
although no one can be sure what players are on, it doesnt seem like anyone at arsenal is on over 150k basic, whilst all 3 other clubs have players on 200k plus.

are you really trying to delude yourself into thinking arsenal are on the same financial footing as the top 3?

the reality is simple.

utd, city, chelsea are in one bracket. arsenal are in the next on their own. and then theres us and liverpool below them. and you know this is the case

Look the figures - Chelsea are as close to United as you are to them and you're twice as far away from us! You can't lump Chelsea in with United without putting yourselves in with Chelsea. it's clear as crystal there's a top 4 then the rest, granted you're at the bottom end but you are a damn sight closer to the top than you are to 5th

Look the figures - Chel53a are as close to United as you are to them and you're twice as far away from us! You can't lump Chel53a in with United without putting yourselves in with Chel53a. it's clear as crystal there's a top 4 then the rest, granted you're at the bottom end but you are a damn sight closer to the top than you are to 5th

lol no need to resort to calling me an arsenal fan mate. ive gone over those figures before and if you genuinely believe arsenal are on the same level financially as the other 3, ive got nothing more to say...

lol no need to resort to calling me an Ar5ena1 fan mate. ive gone over those figures before and if you genuinely believe Ar5ena1 are on the same level financially as the other 3, ive got nothing more to say...

If only that were the case

;)

Injured in training again, Wenger really needs to tell his players to be careful with the way they throw themselves in to challenges with that lovely young man.

Although some could think that these injuries could actually be (alleged) over indulgance in the summer and failing internal testing by the club (again, allegedly)...

I don't particularly follow the footballer name calling (even with some quite creative ones like Soldadud, etc) however Wheelchair is a particularly fitting name for this chappy (admiteddly it's easier to stomach nicknames of players at other clubs).

Injured in training again, Wenger really needs to tell his players to be careful with the way they throw themselves in to challenges with that lovely young man.

Although some could think that these injuries could actually be (alleged) over indulgance in the summer and failing internal testing by the club (again, allegedly)...

might be something in that, I think you have to question his lifestyle generally, these repeated random injuries seem to be symptomatic of an athlete not taking the right care of himself, not necessarily illegal substances just too much junk food and beer/wine/ciggs, not enough sleep, improper training prep, the core of it is probably an attitude problem rather than a medical one

Back