• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Now they're matching the top clubs financially there are no longer any excuses for them not to really - after all Wenger is a genius

cnuts are going to win the league aint they:mad:

Chelsea have the best overall squad and manager combination by some distance, it's theirs to lose. Emirates Marketing Project are flakey and United are an unknown quantity who really should be challenging themselves. United achieved the bare minimum last season. Scum could finish as high as 2nd but as low as 4th. I reckon 3rd personally.

It's Chelsea's title to lose.

Now they're matching the top clubs financially there are no longer any excuses for them not to really - after all Wenger is a genius

if arsenal are matching the top clubs financially, we are matching arsenal financially. at least one part of your post was correct ;)

if Ar5ena1 are matching the top clubs financially, we are matching Ar5ena1 financially. at least one part of your post was correct ;)

Hows that then? Financially we are closer to West Ham than Arsenal (i saw posted recently) Whereas Arsenal are fairly even with Chelsea in terms of Net spend over the last couple of years and have a wage budget as close to them as Chelsea are to United, who they have had no trouble in over taking in the league...

Arsenal are also closer financially to the teams above them than we ever were to them during their austerity years

Last edited:
and westhams net spend might be closer to my pub side than they are to arsenal. #logarithmic scale.

most recent published wage budgets

Arsenal : 166
Chelsea : 192
City : 205
Man United 215

Spurs : 100

the gap between ourselves and Arsenal is 200% (+/-) larger than the gap between Chelsea and Arsenal - Chelsea have no trouble finishing above clubs they are a similar distance from, so i see no reason Arsenal shouldn't be able to do the same.

you can use your logarithmic scale hashtag as a get out of jail card if you wish but you'll have to explain your thinking if you want to be taken seriously - not sure it does your argument any favors when teams such as ourselves (and West Ham) outside of the top 4 cannot compete for the same players as those in it - making, imv, the difference between ourselves and Arsenal much greater than the figures show (and with it making the difference between Arsenal and the rest of the top 4 smaller than the figures show and the difference between ourselves and West Ham more based around the numbers shown as we are shopping in the same pool of players but with differing budgets)

Last edited:
- why are you only comparing arsenal with chelsea?

- if we dont compete for the same players as the top 4 clubs, do arsenal compete with the same players as the top 3 clubs?

- why are you only comparing Ar5ena1 with Chel53a?

- if we dont compete for the same players as the top 4 clubs, do Ar5ena1 compete with the same players as the top 3 clubs?

because Chelsea are the Champions and my opinion is Arsenal are now in a place financially to compete for the title

and yes Arsenal compete in the same market as the top 3. Ozil & Sanchez for example as well as being able to attract players like Cech, who is still in his prime years as a GK, from their rivals

because Chel53a are the Champions and my opinion is Ar5ena1 are now in a place financially to compete for the title

and yes Ar5ena1 compete in the same market as the top 3. Ozil & Sanchez for example as well as being able to attract players like Cech, who is still in his prime years as a GK, from their rivals

lets be honest here, we both know that chelsea spend significantly more than arsenal. what chelsea may publically announce (in terms of thier finances) is one thing, the reality is very likely to be something else (also likely to be the case with other clubs, inc arsenal). if wenger was performing poorly relative to expenditure, do you really think the likes of kroenke would let him hang around? the fact is, he is very likely to be one of the best performing managers in the world, hence why he hasnt been sacked for almost 2 decades and earning the millions that he does.

what about the likes of vertonghen, paulinho, assou ekotto etc etc (the list is endless btw)? they were all linked with clubs the calibre of arsenal and chelsea. the fact is, no bigger team than arsenal were desperate for cech, alexis, and ozil. thats why arsenal were able to get them. whens the last time arsenal got a player when they were in direct competion with either city, utd or chelsea?

you and i (and everyone else in this forum) all know that arsenal are not on the same plane as the top 3 financially. whilst it is funny to see them suffer, its embarassing how some of us try to convince ourselves that arsenal's spending is actually up there with the biggest spenders in world football, when its quite evidently not the case.

Last edited:
When was the last time they were in for the same player as the top 3? And for that matter when was the last time the top 3 were in for the same player as eachother? It rarely happens so not much of a point to be argued for either way, it might suit your Wenger is a hero working on a restricted budget agenda but the facts are they are shopping in the same bracket as the rest of the top 4 - the 30m/40m+ plus proven talent on 150k+ per week wages bracket that the rest of us are nowhere near competing in.

When was the last time they were in for the same player as the top 3? And for that matter when was the last time the top 3 were in for the same player as eachother? It rarely happens so not much of a point to be argued for either way, it might suit your Wenger is a hero working on a restricted budget agenda but the facts are they are shopping in the same bracket as the rest of the top 4 - the 30m/40m+ plus proven talent on 150k+ per week wages bracket that the rest of us are nowhere near competing in.

I think they are definitely a rung down from Manchester and Chelsea, Sanchez has been an unqualified success obviously but at the time I don't think the top 3 were kicking themselves, also how many Arsenal fan's wouldn't have rather had Fabregas back instead.

This season will only be interesting for them because City are in a holding pattern until they get a new head coach.

I think Wengers ability to hold it together with such a squad shouldn't be ignored either, we've seen it with Fergie and ex united players many times, Brown, Sharpe, O'Shea, they look world class in a united shirt then turn to brick as soon as they leave Sir Alex's side, there are quite a few in the arsenal ranks who will suffer the same when Wenger's time comes i'm sure, Wheelchair for a start, I confidently predict that he'll be at west ham within 12 months of the frenchman's retirement.

Last edited:
crazy isn't it, although its taken him 20 years to get over the mental block of refusing to buy a goalkeeper that knows what he's doing

he clearly has blind spots, but wenger is by far the best person they could have in charge still

Back