• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Strikers' Efficiency

You could argue that recently he hasnt been getting many and this obviously is his frustration which means he turns to shooting from 20 yards although he has still been in good positions. I agree his finishing can be slightly better but since the fulham game his game has gone a bit downhill (I think he was thriving as the lone striker but Ade's return has hindered him).

You could also say he hasn't been making intelligent enough runs into the box to be found and score tap-ins like Hernandez has been. You can spin stats a millions ways!

I'm not sure it's just Ade's return. Our team getting our game together means we have far more of the ball and we pin teams back.

In my mind Defoe excels at running behind the defensive line onto through balls.. Which he can't do if we pin teams back into their own third..[/QUOTE]

Which is why he should start on the bench and be used as a super-sub rather than starting games IMO.

You could also say he hasn't been making intelligent enough runs into the box to be found and score tap-ins like Hernandez has been. You can spin stats a millions ways!

Thats why I hate stats - it actually brings about debate though I suppose.

Van Persie is a fantastic player, way better than Defoe, simple as. For me JD has been massively overrated by many Spurs fans for years, but to be fair this season he's doing well.

Surprised at Defoe's poor goals to shots ratio, also his unexpectedly high conversion rate from within the area. He is often labled selfish, but if you don't buy a ticket ... I'd far rather see him shoot than as often happens, missplace a pass to a colleague supposedly in a better position.

End of the day, he's is up there among the leading scorers. Put it into context: Abramovic paid £50m for someone who so far this season has a poorer goals-per-game ratio.

Its much more difficult for a player to come on and score than it is for a player to have played from the start - thats my view always. Then again it could be argued that a sub coming on when the opposition are tiring is also an advantage.

I suppose it depends which team the striker plays for, as the Manchester clubs have a knack of scoring late goals to win games which helps explain why Hernandez averages a goal every 119mins and Dzeko every 125mins (according to All time Premier League Scorers: Goals Per Minute - FTBpro) despite neither being what I would consider 'World Class'.

Defoe's goal/minute ratio has gone down this season which could in part be attributed to the fact that he is no longer being used as an impact sub.

Last season he averaged a goal every 151mins according to this post by THFC6061

Whilst this season he's down to a goal every 171mins, compared to a goal every 75mins for Hernandez and a goal every 89mins for Dzeko. (according to Magazine: Top 10 DEADLIEST Premier League goal scorers - why RVP isn't no.1 | Radio talkSPORT)

I seem to remember Keane having a ratio of around 1:4 over his spurs career (that second 'incident' not included). Pretty sure that was including penalites too.

Back