• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Southampton - post match discussion

milo

Jack L. Jones
Usual rules. Let's keep it constructive, no ****ing off. What worked, what didn't, what can we learn from yesterday's game?

Said some of it in the ratings thread

- We need to build our midfield around Eriksen
- Eriksen, Chadli, Soldado works, they need to play every game we have left together to help set up next season

- We need another ball playing midfielder next to Eriksen (Siggy coming on helped, don't think he's the answer but it was better than the Dembele/Paulinho option)
- Naughton probably should not play for Spurs again, worse case, Naughton & Rose should never play at the same time, puts too much pressure on the rest of team
- Lennon & Townsend are miserably out of form and neither should start a game right now

- We are still struggling badly with a shape/system, Southampton especially in first half showed us up with having players available for the pass
- We lack motivation, our starts are terrible

-1st half poor with a lack of pressing from our team allowing the opposition to pick their passes.
-2nd half good with our midfield working a lot harder.
-We mixed our play up a little bit, but we still lacked that cutting edge to get through at their back line.
-Townsend trying too hard to impress and not doing the simple things as he tries to force his name back into Hodgson's 23.

Have we finished on the post match analysis? Then let me start the "Just back from the match" thread. :)

I had a brilliant day!
Up at 4am for the flight from Belfast to Gatwick. Stewardesses giving me and my mate good natured stick for drinking beer at 7am.
East Upper. Great view.
Low-point of the day. Half time p1ss and a swift beer, missed our 2nd goal. :(
Buying from the Carlsberg stall reminded me of the Pound Shop TV programme. "Yes, can I help you?" Err, I'll have a Carlsberg please! If they didn't have to remove every bottle top in slow motion, we might have made it back up in time for Eriksen's second.
Last second winner!
White Hart Lane Station - great sing song with both platforms joining in. "Oh When The Spurs"
Train to Stansted with drunk, but very happy Northern Irish Spurs fans.
Highlight - Pat Jennings was on our flight home. Shook the big man's hand. He was very accommodating, even though he was being tortured for photos.

Have we finished on the post match analysis? Then let me start the "Just back from the match" thread. :)

I had a brilliant day!
Up at 4am for the flight from Belfast to Gatwick. Stewardesses giving me and my mate good natured stick for drinking beer at 7am.
East Upper. Great view.
Low-point of the day. Half time p1ss and a swift beer, missed our 2nd goal. :(
Buying from the Carlsberg stall reminded me of the Pound Shop TV programme. "Yes, can I help you?" Err, I'll have a Carlsberg please! If they didn't have to remove every bottle top in slow motion, we might have made it back up in time for Eriksen's second.
Last second winner!
White Hart Lane Station - great sing song with both platforms joining in. "Oh When The Spurs"
Train to Stansted with drunk, but very happy Northern Irish Spurs fans.
Highlight - Pat Jennings was on our flight home. Shook the big man's hand. He was very accommodating, even though he was being tortured for photos.

Great to hear from someone who actually had a good time at Tottenham! Best post in a while on SN&V.

Thank you.

Back