• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious Champs League Concerns

par_18

Stephen Kelly
I know its been bought up befor but have a nasty feeling about Chelsea winning champs league and taking our spot, should we finish 4th. Wouldnt this be such a typical thing to happen to Spurs and so hard to live down. Of course i hope my feeling is wrong and Barca tear them a new one, and that we can have one final push, a bit of luck and finish 3rd. Heres to chelsea winning this weekend though!! Thoughts?

I think if Chelsea overcome Barcelona in the CL semi final 2nd leg, they will go on to win it. This is why we need to finish in top 3. Just imagine how annoying it will be if we finish in 4th and Chelsea takes our CL place !

Personally i think the chances of NOT getting CL are greater than getting it.

I have resigned myself to it. Expect the worst - hope for the best.

Chelsea will get a draw or lose 2-1 in the away leg.
Bayern to get a draw at Real Madrid.
Chelsea will beat Bayern 2-1 in the final.
It won't affect our qualification for Europe cos we'll finish 5th and be grateful for it cos 'it's the best we've ever had it.'

Chelsea have no chance to beat Barcelona or get a result at the Nou Camp.

Barcelona have always been a average/poor team away from Europe.

I remember this discussion when Arsenal and us were fighting for 4th and they got to the final. Didnt matter in the end and wont now if we dont get our brick together and win some games.

I remember this discussion when Arsenal and us were fighting for 4th and they got to the final. Didnt matter in the end and wont now if we dont get our brick together and win some games.

This is it exactly. There really is no point worrying about what other teams are doing. If we dont sort ourselves out then it isnt going to mean anything anyway because we'll be finishing outside of the top 4. If the worst happens, we finish 4th and Chelsea do somehow win the champions league then unfortunate as it will be we only have ourselves to blame for our poor recent form. I dont personally think they will win it.

Id fancy Bayern to beat them on home soil in the final if they manage to get past Barca tbh

I would be more annoyed if we finished outside the top 4 then if we got 4th but chelsea won the thing and kept us out of it. If we hang on for top 4 then we can say we have balls and fight and were hard done by because of circumstances out of our control. But if we finish 5th or 6th then i will be disgusted.

Also need to have a serious ask about what will change even if we do qualify for the CL? This team as it stands is a dead man walking.

New manager? Cash injection? Strengthened squad? Or limp in with no momentum or plan under the luckiest of circumstances?

Well I'm not fussed about big cash boost, what we need is for the stadium to be commited asap as thats what will really shape our future in terms of having money to spend. Everything until that point is irrelevant.

No chance we'll get champions league football. The sooner we get rid of Harry the better. I just hope England take him. If not, sack him now. The backlash from the media will be over the top but f**k them and his c**k of a son. He done a job getting us stable and out of a relegation battle but that's all he was good for really.

Sell Modric and Bale and rebuild with the money. Bale thinks he's Ronaldo and has been found out imo and for the money we can get for Modric a replacement can easily be found for half the money we'll get.

For me keeping the wage structure in tact until the new stadium is build is key. F**k spending shed loads on transfers. I've lived through the 90s. I can take a few more seasons of brick until we have the spending power to compete.

I'd take Rodgers in the morning or anyone who has a clue about tactics

Back