• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saving Energy, money and the planet

I’m not sure to be honest, I’m not affiliated with them. But recommended a few people to a friend who works for them and they have saved money.
I’m with them through a friend
Saves me money
It is a pyramid scheme but you know who is getting paid this way

Reactions: DTA
We have tax breaks for working from home over here. 30% of energy and broadband costs. Might be worth looking into.
Where is over here?

I am in England. I remember looking into building a home office about 10 years ago... I think the rules said you could claim a small percent of energy use e.g. if the office was 10% of your house, you could claim 10% of heating/electricity... but I have a poor memory and never went ahead with it.

Would that be the case now i.e. could I be claiming some energy savings somehow, because I work from home full time? My wife does too, and she is a "company" herself, so... maybe I should look into this stuff properly.

Where is over here?

I am in England. I remember looking into building a home office about 10 years ago... I think the rules said you could claim a small percent of energy use e.g. if the office was 10% of your house, you could claim 10% of heating/electricity... but I have a poor memory and never went ahead with it.

Would that be the case now i.e. could I be claiming some energy savings somehow, because I work from home full time? My wife does too, and she is a "company" herself, so... maybe I should look into this stuff properly.
Over here is Ireland. The UK must have something going on this front also you would think, especially now that so many are working from home.

There is definitely something in the UK, I'm sure I filled in an online HMRC form during lockdown saying I was regularly working from home and got a tax rebate or similar.

That was only for the covid period.
It was tax relief on appx £6 a month, capped.
It ceased to be the case from 22/23 tax year.

I was also claiming that and did not realise it had stopped.

What a strange little offset that was. It must have cost much taxpayers more to run than it gave back.

Back