• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

RVP - 30 years old in a couple of weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercut

Jermaine Jenas
I've been naughty but just want to put it out there to save arguments over the price of our next striker and their age...

RVP transfer price in two years. 12 million pounds max. Soldado's price will probably be in the same range in 2 years.

i don't think anyone is contesting that ageing players can do a job.
its always the value of the players and our limited budget that makes it a big gamble.
until we've got the stadium and improved sponsorship deals which enables a bigger transfer and wages budget - getting an overpriced senior players shouldn't be part of the strategy. uncovering the next modric, berbatov or bale - that is something right up our alley at the moment.

Okay it was a bricky way of getting to my point. Would anyone pay the same amount now for RVP?

As for overpriced players and sponsorship - RVP is RVP no matter if he is 22 or 32; if we signed him then our profile would be huge!

Okay it was a bricky way of getting to my point. Would anyone pay the same amount now for RVP?

As for overpriced players and sponsorship - RVP is RVP no matter if he is 22 or 32; if we signed him then our profile would be huge!

Would he really increase our profile that much?

I would assume not, how many people around will know who RVP is and not know who Bale is?

Would he really increase our profile that much?

I would assume not, how many people around will know who RVP is and not know who Bale is?

Having both of them would surely only increase our reputation? EDIT: And we would rake it in from shirt sales (esp. abroad) along with another huge marketing tool alongside Bale, who I'd say is our only globally recognised player at present.

Anyway, I think Man Utd's coasting to the title last year is evidence enough in favour of 'wasting' money on a player with little resale value when necessary. Signing RVP arguably won them the title, and signing Soldado could similarly become the reason for us finishing 4th or better this season.

Obviously it is less risky for a massive club such as Man Utd as they have a huge guaranteed revenue every year, but it was no less necessary for them to get a striker at the peak of his powers as it is for us. In terms of strikers we cannot be looking at unearthing the next Berbatov without signing an experienced striker also, the stakes are too high this season - it is better to take a bigger risk financially for a smaller risk in terms of performances, we need to qualify for the CL this year or we are f*cked..

Last edited:
thats where champions league is essentially - the extra income boost is significant.
and while i understand the want for "european glory nights" there is a big price to pay for missing out on champions league.

Soldado is 28. He is a class finisher. From now until he is 32, thats 4 years worth of goalscoring. 25 mill divided by 4 is about 6.25 mill a year for the privilege of having this player. Worth it?? I think so

RVP shows that player at this age hit their peak.

Soldado is 28. He is a class finisher. From now until he is 32, thats 4 years worth of goalscoring. 25 mill divided by 4 is about 6.25 mill a year for the privilege of having this player. Worth it?? I think so

RVP shows that player at this age hit their peak.

You might want to add wages to your calculation.

Also RVP hitting his peak doesn't mean Soldado will. Players peak at different times.

Soldado is definitely on an upward curve at the moment in terms of goal returns. He's just turned 28 too so I think there will be a 3 good years in him at least.

You might want to add wages to your calculation.

Also RVP hitting his peak doesn't mean Soldado will. Players peak at different times.

even from the wages point of view Soldado seems like a good deal...apparently he will be on around 70k a week which for a player of his profile is absolute peanuts. He fits into Levy's structure

I was only justifying his transfer fee which many seem to have a problem with considering his age

When you consider wether or not we should spend £26m on a 28 year old striker methinks you should consider the team that finishes bottom of the league this season will earn more money than Man Utd earned for winning the league last season. Personally I think it is worth the risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back