• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Release List (submitted 21 May)

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
Every year on about 10 June we (and all clubs) announce their release list - players whose contracts aren't being extended, so become free agents. Although 10 June is the date the lists are published, they were submitted on Saturday (21 May), so news might start to leak this week.

Last year we released Jordan Archer, Cristian Ceballos, Brad Friedel, Bongani Khumalo, Aaron McEneff, Alexander McQueen and Jonathan Miles at this point.

Any thoughts/speculation then on who might be on this years list?

Carroll I guess is the only first team squad player at risk this time.

Of the older ones, if we make decisions on Ball, Ward or Ogilvie, I suspect they will be sold over the summer, rather than released (like Hall and Fredericks last year)

We've already released Coulthirst and McEvoy, and lost Azzaoui and Veljkovic, mid-season, so that's a few less bodies than we'd usually have anyway

From the main academy group Windy is speculating that Sonupe, Daly, Hayford and Paul will be the most likely to go, but that there will be more

Ogilvie signed a new contract (until 2017) in January.

So did Ward IIRC. It may be a vote of confidence, or alternatively exercising an option to make sure we get a fee for them. Both did well on their lower league loans though.

Any thoughts Yoof on whose on their way out this year?

Probably just the ones Windy listed and perhaps Voss(GK) as well. I think Daly, Hayford and Paul left a while back. Personally I'd like to see a few others go to make way for the next crop as imo we have too many players between the u18s and u21s.

This should be published today then
On Tuesday the following news was released: "The Club can confirm the departure of Development Squad winger Emmanuel Sonupe following the conclusion of his contract. Academy players Armani Daly, Charlie Hayford and Chris Paul have also been released.
We wish them all the best for the future."

Yeah - just Sonupe on the official list

We've definitely exercised an option on Carroll then to be able to get a fee for him

Back