• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings thread Spurs Vs Coventry

Crawley

Board Legend
Brad 7 (some shaky kicking)
Naughts 8 (better than Walker)
Daws 7
Caulker 8 (great defending and attacking)
Benny 8 Great comeback
Siggy 8 thought he was great today
Scotty 7
Thudd 5 just looks too slow
Bale 8
Demps 9 some brilliant skills today, deserved a hat-trick
Ade 4 touch of a rapist and no determination

Subs

Andros 7
Dembele 7
Carroll 7

AVB 7 First half superb, 2nd no killer instinct

Brad 7 (some shaky kicking)
Naughts 8 (better than Walker)
Daws 7
Caulker 8 (great defending and attacking)
Benny 8 Great comeback
Siggy 8 thought he was great today
Scotty 7
Thudd 5 just looks too slow
Bale 8
Demps 9 some brilliant skills today, deserved a hat-trick
Ade 4 touch of a rapist and no determination

Subs

Andros 7
Dembele 7
Carroll 7

AVB 7 First half superb, 2nd no killer instinct

Did you go or was that from listening on the radio !!! please say you went

Brad 7
Naughts 8
Daws 7
Caulker 7
Benny 7
Siggy 8
Scotty 7.5
Thudd 7
Bale 8
Demps 9
Ade 6

Subs

Andros 7
Dembele 6
Carroll 6

Brad 7
Naughts 8
Daws 7
Caulker 7
Benny 7
Siggy 8
Scotty 7.5
Thudd 7
Bale 8
Demps 9
Ade 6

Subs

Andros 7
Dembele 6
Carroll 6

Not vastly different then......apart from Thudd!!!!

I thought he had some good touches and passes, but he just looks so slow

Yes, I went.

Probably been a bit generous with some of those on reflection. Based on the 2nd half, anyway.

Game was dead, no point pushing ... win, clean sheet, no injuries, no suspensions ... seems like a job well done.

Seemed Dempsey/Bale were the outstanding players?

Game was dead, no point pushing ... win, clean sheet, no injuries, no suspensions ... seems like a job well done.

Seemed Dempsey/Bale were the outstanding players?

Would Man Utd have been content to sit back and take it easy? Or Arsenal?

I don't feel sorry for anyone. We must destroy.

Me and the fella having a quick pee at the end of the game thought so, anyway. :)

Me and the fella having a quick pee at the end of the game thought so, anyway. :)

I agree - when you got players like Ade playing like brick and half arsed for a while you need to go out and destroy teams to give those players a bit more confidence and rhythm. I didnt see the game and didnt hear the commentary but from the sounds of it we took our foot of the gas. I would understand that if it was a first team out there but it wasnt really - most of them are the 'reserves'.

Anyways.

Friedel -7 nothing much to do.

Naughton -7.5 very assured, (KW will have to up his game).
Caulker -7 steady game.
Dawson -7 steady game.
BAE -7 good game for him to get back into.

Sigurdsson -7 steady game.
Parker -7.5 drove the team forward, played well.
Huddlestone -6 I don't think he fits into AVB's system?
Bale -7.5 great reactions for his goal, stayed on his feet, great run to take on 5 players.

Adebayor -5 I think this is the lowest I've ever marked one of our own. He was the weakest link.........!?
Dempsey -8 MotM, two great goals, awesome bit of skill towards the end of the first half.

Subs:

Townsend -7 steady game.
Carroll -6.5 (mark reflects time on pitch) nice and assured.
Dembele -6.5 (mark reflects time on pitch) nice and assured.

AVB -8 done his homework, clean sheet, enough said.

Don't know how to bold on my HTC but bit about Utd sitting back I think yes if they have nothing to play for. Great that AVB is putting out strong teams for cup games but he must also keep one eye on the league so we can't afford to lose players to injury when a game is won.

Friedel 7 Great one-handed low-down reaction save in the 2nd half.
Naughton 7
Dawson 6
Caulker 7
Assou-Ekotto 7
Sigurðsson 7
Parker 6
Huddlestone 5
Bale 7
Dempsey 7
Adebayor 4

Townsend 7
Carroll 7
Dembele 7

Would have liked to have seen us rub their noses in it 2nd half but, in typical Spurs fashion, we chose to ease up instead. Coventry battled extremely well in the second period, had one ruled out for offside and might have had another count but for Friedel's acrobatics.

Last edited:
Friedel 7

Naughton 7
Dawson 7
Caulker 7
Ekotto 7

Sig 7
Hudd 6
Parker 7
Bale 8
Dempsey 8

Adebayor 5

Townsend 7
Dembele 6.5
Carroll 6.5

Coventry (H) (FAC) 3-0

As this was not televised I've decided to ignore my rule of 10 votes or more for player ratings, the fact the Carlisle (A) game in the League Cup isn't in my ratings list annoys me to say the least so best not to add another one! Thank you all who went to the game and rated here as even whoscored.com didn't rate this game.

Dempsey's brace in this game ensured he got his second MOTM award with a season high for him of 8.43 and only his second over-7.5 rating as well. Bale's goal see him join Sandro at the top of the leaderboard for most over-7.5 performances with eight. Sigurdsson's also remains in good form, getting his highest rating of the season with 7.29 (previously 7.11). Good to see Assou-Ekotto back for his fourth game and highest rating of the season and Parker in his first start and third game of the season.

Adebayor is now clear in the race for most worst player of the match performances with six for the season, that's five in seven games now and one more than Defoe and Dempsey. He also joins Defoe and Dempsey with seven under-7.5 performances for the season.

dvNFy.jpg

Adebayor is now clear in the race for most worst player of the match performances with six for the season, that's five in seven games now.

But he's just a kid, and at least he's trying hard and busting a gut, right?

Right?

Back