• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Proud

Crawley

Board Legend
Anyone heard of this: http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/pupilsupport/inclusionandlearnersupport/a00205141/duxawardfaq

My eldest has just been put forward as the sole candidate from his year at school.
He was described by the head of year earlier as "potentially the highest achiever in his year".

Me, and the missus, never received anything like this, and never got anywhere near Uni, so we are struggling a little to explain to him what an honour, and achievement it is.

Am sure he must be the postmans kid.

well done to your son (well, the milkmans son)

sounds like a good experience - does he get to choose which Russell Group uni to visit?
if he has an idea of what he wants to do, that could be invalualbe exposure

well done to your son (well, the milkmans son)

sounds like a good experience - does he get to choose which Russell Group uni to visit?
if he has an idea of what he wants to do, that could be invalualbe exposure

Details a little vague so far.
He is already favouring a financial future.....the City seems to fascinate him and maths seems to come so naturally to him.
Not sure about the choice of visit.

Details a little vague so far.
He is already favouring a financial future.....the City seems to fascinate him and maths seems to come so naturally to him.
Not sure about the choice of visit.

Get him to Leeds University!!! Big city, great research led university. And more women than men. Bonus.

Well done crawley, shows you have been bringing him the right way, is the one thats good at golf or is that the other one?

I pay for private school for my lad and although he started off well it looks like he is following his old mans footsteps, would give anything to try and get him to focus on school. Sometimes feel children at school do not realise the opportunties that lay ahead of them if they put in a bit of work. As they say youth is wasted on the young.

Is your lad a good boy crawley, do you have trouble getting him to do his homework. Im guessing it is slightly natural to not want to do his homework. With us my boy knows i left school at 14 so when i tell him to do his homework he just rolls his eyes at me. I have become a little strick with him, probably going to take him 20 years to realise im doing it for his benefit.

Raising children is hard, so enjoy the reflected glory crawley because im sure you and your wife deserve it.

Back