• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Playmaker

ringo

Tim Sherwood
Do we need to sign a play maker (to do the job Modric used to)?

Maybe we already have one? Or maybe you don't need one to be a top four team?

I'm slightly worried that, for all our muscle and energy in midfield we are lacking creativity and someone to run the game for us. Watching us last season there were a lot of games where we passed the ball side to side without much to show for it. In fact I'd go as far as to say that a few of the first half performances were among the dullest I've seen from Spurs in a long long time.

I'm not convinced Dembele is that player, we have sold Hudd who could do a job there for part of a game at least, Carroll doesn't look like getting much playing time. I haven't seen enough of Paulinho or Capoe to know whether they can do that job. none of the touted transfer targets seem to be a creative playmaker as such. I do know that Soldado, good as he might be, can't score without the ball.

What do people think about the need for a playmaker or otherwise.

i think we need one, however it looks like AVB disagrees....I bow to his superior knowledge and we will just have to wait and see what his team produces this season

Yes, I want Eriksen. 21, highly talented, affordable, would join. What are we waiting for?!

OP - I know what you mean, we were devoid of ideas. But there are many ways to score; one is to get a tricky wee bugger that dribbles and makes cute passes. Another is to beast them back into their box and keep kicking it at them until it deflects off a defender and 'luckily' goes in. Another is to win freekicks until Paulinho heads one into the net like Rickie Lambert on acid. Defoe, Adebayor, Lennon never win headers. Our new players might.

OP - I know what you mean, we were devoid of ideas. But there are many ways to score; one is to get a tricky wee bugger that dribbles and makes cute passes. Another is to beast them back into their box and keep kicking it at them until it deflects off a defender and 'luckily' goes in. Another is to win freekicks until Paulinho heads one into the net like Rickie Lambert on acid. Defoe, Adebayor, Lennon never win headers. Our new players might.

Personally, I'm very familiar with that method.

Personally, I'm very familiar with that method.
Yay. If you spend 80 minutes humping it at their goal and surrounding their box with 7ft monsters, eventually they will scythe down Danny Rose or head it into their own goal. Or we could just wait 89 minutes for Bale to shoot the sphere of destiny all the way to top corner city

Back