• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

'Perfect albums'

The Royal Scam - Steely Dan
Aja - Steely Dan
Gaucho - Steely Dan
Katy Lied - Steely Dan
The Nightfly - Donald Fagen
Kamakiriad - Donald Fagen

What are your perfect albums, that are fantastic from beginning to end. With no weak songs or fillers.

Some of mine:

Carole King - Tapestry
REM - Automatic for the People
Guns n Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Faith No More - The Real Thing
Radiohead - The Bends
Pearl Jam - Ten
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Radiohead - The Bends
Led Zeppelin IV
Alice in Chains - Dirt
Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Just listening to Tapestry. What an album.

I'm trying to build up my CD collection at the moment, via 2nd hand shops mostly. I have loads, but there are plenty I want, still missing. Streaming is great, very convenient and all, but listening to an album in its entirety is how the artist wanted you to consume their work. CDs sound better too.

I might try Kind of Blue later.

Last edited:
For Live albums there's only one winner
Pink Floyd - Pulse

Doesn't get any better or more complete than that. Amazing sound, especially considering it's already 30 years old.

I love it, I've got it, BUT, it ain't Floyd without that old curmudgeon Roger.

Live Albums:

The Song Remains the Same - Zeppelin
Budokan - Cheap Trick
Live and Dangerous - Thin Lizzy
One From the Road - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Live at Leeds - The Who
Is There Anybody Out There (The Wall live) - Pink Floyd
Plus any Rory Gallagher live album (Live in Europe, Irish Tour, Stage Struck)

For Live albums there's only one winner
Pink Floyd - Pulse

Doesn't get any better or more complete than that. Amazing sound, especially considering it's already 30 years old.

Not a floyd fan so that wouldn't really appeal to me but good live rock albums are so very rare IMHO.
Stage from bowie and Queen at Wembley are my two stand outs.

Just listening to Tapestry. What an album.

I'm trying to build up my CD collection at the moment, via 2nd hand shops mostly. I have loads, but there are plenty I want, still missing. Streaming is great, very convenient and all, but listening to an album in its entirety is how the artist wanted you to consume their work. CDs sound better too.

I might try Kind of Blue later.

Not to put any pressure on it or build up expectations too much but I'm envious of your position of being able to listen to Kind of Blue for the first time!

It's a masterpiece, and is way more accessible then something like Bitch's brew which can be a bit hard to get in to. Bill Evans is incredible on that record but you could say the same for every musician on there.

Not to put any pressure on it or build up expectations too much but I'm envious of your position of being able to listen to Kind of Blue for the first time!

It's a masterpiece, and is way more accessible then something like Bitch's brew which can be a bit hard to get in to. Bill Evans is incredible on that record but you could say the same for every musician on there.
Didn't get to it but certainly will do after that recommendation

Not an album, just having a rest while waiting on my pie mix to simmer down, (dinner for tomorrow), and put on this little "mix tape" playlist.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-31-18-26-38-11_32b8af7c972f76f81dec0e69afb70705.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-31-18-26-38-11_32b8af7c972f76f81dec0e69afb70705.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 8

Late one sultry summer night, after a good gathering of friends around our cottage campfire, I put the boombox out on the deck and lay back on the floating dock to watch the Milky Way pass across the clear night sky while Kind of Blue provided the soundtrack. Pure bliss.

A day or two later, meeting with a friend across the bay, he asked 'what was that jazz music I heard coming from your place?'

Sound travels well across water. Turned him on to that album and enjoyed his remarks later on as he appreciated each track. It's a joy to discover.

I love it, I've got it, BUT, it ain't Floyd without that old curmudgeon Roger.

Live Albums:

The Song Remains the Same - Zeppelin
Budokan - Cheap Trick
Live and Dangerous - Thin Lizzy
One From the Road - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Live at Leeds - The Who
Is There Anybody Out There (The Wall live) - Pink Floyd
Plus any Rory Gallagher live album (Live in Europe, Irish Tour, Stage Struck)

I'd humbly add Rockin' The Fillmore by Humble Pie.

The KLF - Chill Out
Ian Dury - New Boots & Panties
Pink Floyd - Meddle
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Pink Floyd DSOTM
Oasis - Definitely Maybe
The Verve - A Northern Soul
Black Sabbath - Master of Reality
The Police - Regatta De Blanc
The Stranglers - Black & White
Motörhead - No Sleep Til Hammersmith
Motörhead - Ace of Spades
David Bowie - Heroes
The Beatles - Sgt Peppers
Oasis - (What’s The Story) Morning Glory?
Ministry - In Case You Didn’t Feel Like Showing Up
Massive Attack - Protection
Goldie - Timeless
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Wendy Carlos - Sonic Seasonings
Nirvana - Nevermind
The Sex Pistols - Never Mind The gonad*s
Faith No More - The Real Thing

I consider all to be ‘perfect’ albums, and I know I’m missing a bunch more. There are others I might like just as much, but I would not generally listen to them top to bottom.

Last edited:
Back