• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT- World cup Winners

Superstar

Neale Fenn
Hypothetical question for you all. Pick a player from any country, that got better with age and appeared in 2 consecutive world cups finals, that at an older age would have won the world cup with his colleagues.

For example, and this is my opiinion too:

If the David Beckham from the 2002 campaign had been in the 1998 world cup team instead of the David Beckham that got sent off Vs Argentina... I think we could have won that World Cup.

Maradona of 1986 would have won the WC of 1982 and 1990.
Ronaldo of 2002 would have won the WC of 1998.

Maradona of 1986 would have won the WC of 1982 and 1990.
Ronaldo of 2002 would have won the WC of 1998.

Maradona was an option for me when I thought of this. His ability would have aided argentina in any WC.

Ronaldo for me is the best all round player in the world right now. Imagine his current self in the 2002 WC!!

Maradona was an option for me when I thought of this. His ability would have aided argentina in any WC.

Ronaldo for me is the best all round player in the world right now. Imagine his current self in the 2002 WC!!

I mean the Ronaldo the Brazilian, not the Portuguese who seldom turns up for his country.:lol:

Zidane of 98 would have won in 2006.

I still think he'd have reacted to any comments, like he did Va Italy in 2006. IIRC He was sent off for a stamp in '98, so I would say his temper didn't change but, as Ray Wilkins would say 'My Word' coming out of retirement only to play in the world cup final!!! Enough said.

I mean the Ronaldo the Brazilian, not the Portuguese who seldom turns up for his country.:lol:

Ah, Fat Ronaldo. Pure goal machine. I remember the '98 team sheet debacle... No Ronaldo!!! IMO, one phone call from a sports manufacturer later, Ronaldo starts, and plays like its his first time on a football field.

2002, point to prove on the world stage and does so.

Back