• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Only In the USA

USA has a lot of racism. So does Europe. So does Britain. Considering the increasingly xenophobic and bigoted nature of Europe and the shift to the right (and in some cases extreme right) in politics, I wouldn't say that Europeans have too much moral legitimacy in criticising the Americans for racism, especially for something that is a fake.

As for American ignorance, yes they have a lot of ignorant people. But they also have a lot of intelligent people and I don't really blame the people too much; when the world revolves around your country, it probably becomes a bit less important to be aware of the rest of the world. I'm not quite sure what the excuse is of all the ignorants I meet on a daily basis in the UK?

But they pick the really dumb ones... but the scary thing is, some of those people vote. :|

Absolutely, you have to take it with a grain of salt because there's probably 5 people who tell them to bugger off for every 1 macaron.

But yes...they do exist.

I wonder how the posters slating the US would deal with a world where the US had simply minded its own business over the past century or so.

I wonder how the posters slating the US would deal with a world where the US had simply minded its own business over the past century or so.

im not slating the US, but they do tend to show up late to world events. As the indispensible nation they have trouble responding to the fast pace of things, a problem attributed to democracy but as the most important democracy, this characteristic is more glaring.

I've met a fair bit of Yanks over the years

Some were the smartest while other the thickest - people I've come across. All sorts, I guess

I've met a fair bit of Yanks over the years

Some were the smartest while other the thickest - people I've come across. All sorts, I guess

Yeah, but I look at Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool fans and what do you think I see?

I'm just speaking from personaly experience, pal

Most poms I've met have been from the southern part of England - i.e. ones I can actually comprehend when speaking. :)

I'm just speaking from personaly experience, pal

Most poms I've met have been from the southern part of England - i.e. ones I can actually comprehend when speaking. :)

If you spent any time in the slaughterhouse thread, you would've seen me calling my compatriots all sorts of awful things. But the truth is, I know there is such a low standard for edgicashion in our culture. I mean, we voted for Bush TWICE!!!
But the vices are many. It's one thing to be ignorant, but coupled with arrogance, and you're headed towards a whole world of hurt.

USA!

Last edited:
true story - my Mrs is American

before she moved here someone she worked with very genuinely, without a hint of sarcasm, said to her
"wow, thats great [you are moving to England]. do you speak the language?"

i am in quite a unique position i feel in this argument as i dont really have any nationalistic side to take (unless the dept of homeland security are reading this of course ;-) )

i feel in the UK there tends to be more of a racial fear of imigration and drain on the welfare state and the US there tends to be an ignorance of foreign culture (ironic consider history) and fear that everyone hates them and is out to get them (a paranoia i guess - not helped by the republicans (who seems fundamentally xenephobic)
as far as Europe goes, im not sure - any thoughts?

ive traveled a fair few places in my time and one thing that has stood out is that countries/places with less racial diversity have a much stronger sense of community - i think that when you start mixing things up racially the indigenous population lose their sense of community which is what they are really against as opposed to being out and out racists. they see people of a different race/color and are reminded that everything around them is changing/has changed, a change that perhaps they never wanted or weren't ready for - i think it's only natural to see some negative reactions in these instances - it's a by product of the world we live in.

as for Europe - it's a funny old place and difficult to tar it all with one brush, could be the most diverse area - so many different countries/cultures/languages/races packed in to one area, it's no surprise for me to see so many conflict/clashes there. there is a very nationalistic stance in many countries i have been to - more so than anywhere else in the world - but i can see why that has built up over the centuries.

Last edited:
blackJewClan.jpg

Attachments

• blackJewClan.jpg
    blackJewClan.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1
Back