• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Watford***

Ignalo reminds me of Drogba
He is a physical handful but plays quite direct
Deeney looked like a player too but other tabs capoue supporting them they were generally just relying on one of the front two like they have all season. It's been effvetive but can be countered like we did

Ultimately there deservedly where they are in the league but being there for a month or so doesn't merit achievement. It means there currently playing well.... They need to do it for a longer period before they can become as arrogant as they sound from those quotes

The fans are just echoing Deeney who was in the papers today saying that we pressured the ref into sending Ake off. He makes out that it was a fair challenge when anyone who isn't a Watford fan knows that that was an aweful challenge.

Deeneys challenge on Toby just before they scored near the corner flag was bad too... He flattened him with a Forearm and elbow and got away with it

Ridiculous to claim that it wasn't a red. Anyone thinking that obviously haven't been adjusting their views of football for the last 25 years. I'm just delighted Lamela wasn't injured as I thought the tackle looked awful on first viewing and saw him on the ground.

Son offside is a fair complaint. Thought very frequently players challenging for a ball that the opponent wins clearly isn't given as offside so it's not that uncommon.

I agree with the one Watford poster that said it shows how far they've come that we adjusted to them. Well done by Poch.

Not defending them at all but it seems to be fans of all sides are full of delusion, especially when they lose a game.
To a greater or lesser extent maybe. But this place after a loss tends to be more about criticising our own players, manager, chairman, mascot, tea-lady, groundskeeper and ballboys... rather than criticising the opposition.

There's generally the same amount of referee-bashing, mind.

To a greater or lesser extent maybe. But this place after a loss tends to be more about criticising our own players, manager, chairman, mascot, tea-lady, groundskeeper and ballboys... rather than criticising the opposition.

There's generally the same amount of referee-bashing, mind.

And the ref who gives everything to the other side, fans are the same at every club we are no different.

This is an erection inducing win, especially the way we won the match with late goal. But our performance was not really convincing, especially after we scored first and they had been reduced to 10 men. Disappointingly, this was the 9th time this season that we had failed to defend the lead after scoring first. We did well to come back to win. But it was a very disappointing display after they had a player send off. Traditionally we are always poor against teams who had players send off. And this was proven yet again. We did not look like scoring a goal until Son got the winning goal. Well, atleast we managed to find that all-important goal !

Credit to Lamela and Son for getting our goals. It was nice to see us winning a league match without Kane scoring for once ! It was especially sweet to see Lamela scoring our first goal. And it was a well-taken goal. Hope this goal will boost his confidence to score more in the league. Well done to Son for getting our winning goal so late in the match. It was a well-taken back-heal goal and it came at the right time. It would have been very annoying if we had drawn this match despite Watford only having 10 men. Afterall, we badly needed to win this match to stay in touch of the league leaders.

I think Pochettino did a big mistake in changing our formation to contain Watford. Our defence and midfield didn't look comfortable with the changes. I am still not fully convinced of Dier in defence and Carroll in midfield. Both struggled badly, especially Dier. Apart from 1 match-saving tackle in the 2nd half, thought Dier looked poor all match. In fact, it was Dier's mistake which led to Watford's goal. It was an amateur mistake by Dier as he completely missed the header and then couldn't clear the ball until it allowed the Watford player to score. Similiarly, Carroll made too many mistakes and gave the ball away easily many times. He is simply not ready to start any league matches. Too bad Dembele got injured as we struggled even badly after he went off injured.

After keeping 2 clean sheets in previous matches, it was really disappointing for our defence to concede the goal like that. Apart from Dier's failure to clear the ball, maybe Loris and Alderweireld could have reacted faster to close down the Watford player. Annoying thing was, Watford hardly looked like scoring a goal before that. That goal could have been costly for us as Watford started to put pressure on us after that. Fortunately for us, we managed to come back and win the game. Another draw would have been very annoying. Afterall, this was our first away win against a top 10 teams so far this season.

It was nice to get our 3rd consecutive win which moved us into the 3rd place even if it was for a while only. More importantly, we are now just 4 points from the first place. Hope we can continue winning to stay in the title race.

Ridiculous to claim that it wasn't a red. Anyone thinking that obviously haven't been adjusting their views of football for the last 25 years. I'm just delighted Lamela wasn't injured as I thought the tackle looked awful on first viewing and saw him on the ground.

Son offside is a fair complaint. Thought very frequently players challenging for a ball that the opponent wins clearly isn't given as offside so it's not that uncommon.

I agree with the one Watford poster that said it shows how far they've come that we adjusted to them. Well done by Poch.
To be fair to them, Nigel de Jong only got booked by Howard Webb for the infamous chest high challenge on Alonso in the 2010 World Cup final :eek:

So, by that yardstick, Ake' could consider himself harshly done by to get a red for a mere thigh high assault!

I finally got a chance to watch the game. Deeny has got double standards, he was in the ref's ear quite a bit during that game and if anyone got a card due to the ref bottling under pressure it was Alli. At least in that tackle he won the ball, just followed through and took Capoue out.

I finally got a chance to watch the game. Deeny has got double standards, he was in the ref's ear quite a bit during that game and if anyone got a card due to the ref bottling under pressure it was Alli. At least in that tackle he won the ball, just followed through and took Capoue out.

What about deeney flattening Toby 30 seconds before their goal??? He is an aggressive striker and arguably went over the top

It was a bit naughty, but something you see often enough. My problem was his double standards about the Spurs players getting in the ref's ear when he was the same throughout.

I didn't actually see any reaction to the tackle and was amazed when the ref gave him a red. It wasn't until I seen a replay that I thought it was a red card.

You should see the reaction of Alderweireld. It was very funny to see him just freezing in shock at the red card ! Don't think anyone expected the red card.

You should see the reaction of Alderweireld. It was very funny to see him just freezing in shock at the red card ! Don't think anyone expected the red card.

I missed it completely but we were behind the goal and it was in front of us not side on

the ref had the perfect view - its the one in the video posted just above - red card for sure. its about showing studs that high... a couple of inches to the left and who knows what kind of permanent could be done to the lamela bloodline LOL

One more thing I wanted to add: if Watford were playing at full strength, I think this might have turned out to be an easier game for us. Them going down a man made them sit back and clog things up to preserve the draw. At full strength they would have gone for the win and we would have had a more open match, in which we thrive.
the irony is that they were threatening our goal more with one man down.

Back