• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v ACF Fiorentina***

Predictable because it's the right thing to do in that situation. Goalkeeper doesn't want to get beaten at the near post, composed finish at the far post is the right thing to do unless the goalie goes down early and opens up the near post.
Yea but for me it wasn't a SUPER finish, he could have cornered it a bit more. If Hugo gets beaten like that I'd be a little pi$sed

Yea but for me it wasn't a SUPER finish, he could have cornered it a bit more. If Hugo gets beaten like that I'd be a little pi$sed

I think that's fair. It's not a spot on perfect finish. But neither was Kane's against Arsenal and many other goals in similar situations by very good strikers.

Mason made the right composed choice. Got a good touch to get himself into that position in the first place. And got the execution of the shot pretty much right. Can't ask for much more.

I think that's fair. It's not a spot on perfect finish. But neither was Kane's against Arsenal and many other goals in similar situations by very good strikers.

Mason made the right composed choice. Got a good touch to get himself into that position in the first place. And got the execution of the shot pretty much right. Can't ask for much more.
his first touch was great! I'm not knocking Mason for one second, he did the right thing, but keeper should be disappointed he didn't save it. Kane one against Arsenal took a little bobble just over Cech if I remember correctly. Fine margins, you're right, they both made the right composed choices.

I thought last night was a great team effort, everybody did their job and we were so good defensively. Even when they broke through the press, the backline defended our box really well, blocked shots/crosses. Hugo had a comfortable night.

Good to see us get back to winning ways with this erection inducing win. After the disappointing defeat to Palace in FA Cup last week, we badly needed this win. It was great to continue our excellent record at home in Europe. But we need to improve our away record in Europe if we want to beat Borussia Dortmund in the next round. It was nice to see us getting this big win despite missing key players like Vertonghen, Kane and Dembele out through injury. It may be a comfortable win but it was a tense game until we scored our second goal.

Credit to Mason and Lamela for getting our goals and Trippier for forcing the own goal with his cross. Mason took his goal well like an experienced striker. Even Kane doesn't always score from the one-on-one chances like that. It was important for us to get that goal so early as it helped us to settle us down. But it forced Fiorentina to step up their game to try to score. It was really tense until Lamela got our crucial second goal in the second half. Chadli did well to shot at goal which the goalie saved. I think no one expected Lamela to adjust his body and legs to score that goal like that. It was excellent goal which everyone celebrated except for Pochettino who seemed too quiet for some reason. Wish Lamela can score like that in the league. Credit to Eriksen for letting Lamela take that shot. Lamela too was unlucky not to get an assist when his inch perfect pass was scored by Chadli but was unfortunately ruled off side early in the second half.

Our midfield was the key to this win. Was worried Dembele's absence will affect us. But Dier and Mason did well to make up for that. Alli had a quiet game but thought it was a harsh yellow card which means he will miss the next match through suspension. Thought the ref was wrong to give the yellow card as Alli didn't appear to dive to win the freekick. Other than that, we controlled the midfield and didn't let Fiorentina create any real chances.

Well done to our defence for keeping the clean sheet. We managed to cover the Fiorentina attacks and they didn't look like scoring all match. Credit to Alderweireld and Wimmer for their excellent work. Davies and Trippier did their job well and even helped out in attack. In fact, it was Trippier who won us our third goal when his excellent cross forced the Fiorentina player score the own goal.

After resting many players in the first leg, it was encouraging to see Pochettino playing our best available team. It showed what we are capable of if we play our best players. Hope we will now go all the way to win the EL even if we need to face Borussia Dortmund in the next round.

Last edited:
Does this team remind anyone of the Forest team that came up and won the Fist Division in their first season up.

Then signed Trevor Francis and won back to back European Cups?

Can we dream?

We've already signed our teen sensation from a lower league.

Nice to recall Trevor Francis, though; he should get mentioned more often in the list of great English goal scorers.

Back